SRS my roommate has been acting like a douche lately

seventh circle

He's started dating this really annoying girl about a year ago and now he acts like his shit doesn't stink. He blows money on her at these fancy restaurants, she's starting to dress him in a way she wants, and he's stopped hanging out with me and the other roommate altogether. Now that in and of itself doesn't bother me. What is bothering me is how he has been acting so fucking arrogant towards me. He's also been very short with me. Yesterday he left the house and saw me on the bed and asked 'Going to be a productive day today huh Jeff?" I ended up going to dinner with my gf and her brother and we eventually came home and my roommate came a little after us. Apparently when I was in the bathroom he asked my gf "did you guys even do anything today?" :ugh: What the fuck? He's been taking these little digs at me for several months now and it's becoming very irritating.

This coming from the guy who used to wipe his ass with coffee filters when he ran out of toilet paper? :rofl: He used to be cool as fuck. It's like everything he used to do whether it was playing poker or watching sports is no longer good enough for him. Now he's off being productive on saturday's by walking around downtown and spending money on going out. Or sipping his expensive coffee. Sounds pretty counter productive if you ask me

Oh and his nutty gf bakes at 3am and checks 9 different recipes for the same dish. He also says things like he wants to marry her and I'll reply with that he is only 25 and he says 'Well it's not like we are getting any younger' :rofl: This fuckin guy

TS
TS

seventh circle

We've lived together for about 3 years and he became a good friend, but now I just want him to move the fuck out

THoC

Feb 5, 2007
next time he takes a dig at you tell him you dont appreciate it and you would like for him to stop.

as far as what he does on his own time that his business. you cant make him change. assuming you have a lease you cant make him move out.

once the lease is up if you dislike that much find yourself another place.

GFlem

Sep 13, 2004
Lakewood, OH
Seems like his tastes are changing.

He's being a dick about it, but you're both being equally judgmental. You might have more reason to be that way, since he's being abrasive, but you're going to need to check yourself on looking down because he's spending more money/doing different things.

I agree, check him on looking down on what you're doing. But don't criticize what he's doing in return because you'll be no better off than he is.

TS
TS

seventh circle

i hate to agree with 7960 ( :) ) but he's right

get the fuck out of there

you aren't even dealing with him and his personality anymore

she has infected him and taken control of his brain

statements like these:
'Going to be a productive day today huh Jeff?"
"did you guys even do anything today?"

are stuff CHICKS say. i bet he never said stuff like that before he met her. he's hearing her make comments like those and he's parroting them to you

you can't change him or save him from this path. she's making him into a clone of her. run for the hills.

if you know him well enough that he won't call the cops and you don't mind getting confrontational, next time he makes a comment just get in his grill and be like "look dude, i do what the fuck i want. i pay my share and i'll sit on my ass in this motherfucker all day and stare at the walls if i want to. tell your bitch its none of her fucking business what i do in MY HOUSE. just because you are pussy-whipped doesn't mean we're gonna sit around and take it like you"

because all the snide comments are a result of him hearing stuff she's saying about you guys
:bowdown::bowdown:

the bold is so true :rofl:

macbook bro

try fucking his gf, she might want you if she is "complaining" about you to him all the time

TerryA

Feb 9, 2011
. I tried deleting the doubles but they don't disappear so dots on

Last edited:

TerryA

Feb 9, 2011
Seems like somebody is a widdle jealous of woozing his best fwend....get over it man. Move out if it bugs you....stuck with a lease? only one thing left to do then...whip it out and cockslap them both...see how that works for ya.(yes that was sarcasm to mirror the apeshit answers that some posters have so proudly offered)
All the fucking macho bravado answers in this thread are pretty damn depressing if they are any reflection of how young males really feel in these situation. If a friend has changed, he's changed. Accept it or move on. End of story.

D-FENS

Nov 13, 2002
He's being a dick, but you're still making too big of a deal out of it. You don't need to get all in his face next time he takes a shot at you, just insult him back, something about him being pussywhipped or that he's wasting his money on stupid shit. You can hit back without making a big deal out of it.

TerryA

Feb 9, 2011
I'm 35 and likely have the most roommate experience of anyone in the thread.

My opinion is that many young males aren't confrontational enough.
You would never guess by the responses in this thread which leads me to believe that most of the people posting in this thread are....yup, you guessed it.

djshotglass

May 4, 2007
Seems like somebody is a widdle jealous of woozing his best fwend....get over it man. Move out if it bugs you....stuck with a lease? only one thing left to do then...whip it out and cockslap them both...see how that works for ya.(yes that was sarcasm to mirror the apeshit answers that some posters have so proudly offered)
All the fucking macho bravado answers in this thread are pretty damn depressing if they are any reflection of how young males really feel in these situation. If a friend has changed, he's changed. Accept it or move on. End of story.

I hope you're a troll. Either way you're too stupid to bother responding to.

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
maybe your roommate wants something more in life than living in an apartment with 2 other dudes and wiping his ass with coffee filters :hsugh:

let it go man...as long as he keeps paying his part of the rent/bills/etc., who cares?

dmcgill

Jul 31, 2006
California
maybe your roommate wants something more in life than living in an apartment with 2 other dudes and wiping his ass with coffee filters :hsugh:

let it go man...as long as he keeps paying his part of the rent/bills/etc., who cares?
I'll elaborate on this.

YEAH.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan