My sister and her daughter went out of town for Thanksgiving but her ex-husband and his fiance were here

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
As he put it, he divorced my sister, not her family. Plus he's a really good cook, he made the turkey and ham. My sister can't cook anything that doesn't come in a box with directions.

He's a good guy, honestly his like a third brother to me; we all like his fiance too.

Different all the way around compared to our usual Thanksgiving. Just my wife and I, my youngest brother, his wife, daughter and mother in law. And my "ex" brother in law and his chick. My other brother, my sister and her daughter and my Dad weren't there. Everyone was trying to keep the celebrations smaller this year. Lot to be thankful for regardless. Everyone has so far stayed healthy through all this, my Dad is happy with his fiance, my brother got a new, better paying job this year, no one has suffered any serious income loss from the initial shutdowns and adjustment to the current restrictions.

T_Dawgg

Escape Goat
May 6, 2001
vancity
giphy.gif

Samcanadian

Cellular, Modular, Interactivodular
OT Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
I guess it's nice that he felt welcome there and that you guys made him feel welcome. Maybe he doesn't have anyone else.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
I don't see anything wrong with that. I wish more people were civil when it comes to divorces.. I can't imagine hating my husband enough to want him to be un happy for the rest of his life.

Once you marry into a family, that is forever family.

TS
TS
Scottwax

Scottwax

May 5, 2000
I guess it's nice that he felt welcome there and that you guys made him feel welcome. Maybe he doesn't have anyone else.

His family is in Minnesota.

The divorce was pretty amicable. The main issue was their difference in raising their daughter. He's military, she's a therapist. Completely opposite philosophies. And unfortunately, my sister is winning out on this.

TS
TS
Scottwax

Scottwax

May 5, 2000
what about your son @sonofscottwax @Scottwax doesn't sound like he was there

Neither of my sons have been able to come out this year thanks to Covid. Affected both their jobs, plus SoS wanted to come out in April see the Ranger's new stadium and that obviously wasn't going to work. My younger son was going to come here in October and wanted to go to the State Fair...which was cancelled.

Mighty

Rainbows, unicorns, and butterflies.
OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
"I'm very thankful that we're all healthy so far, but let's have a get-together to see if we can change that."

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman