CAR my Toyota 4 door tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

NisAznMonk

Dec 1, 2001
Houston, Tx
i just bought my new toyota pre runner. its a 2001 model 4 doors. i want to add fatter tires on it, but can i just add tires? or do i have to get the whole lift kit/ wheels setup? i really dont wanna go that route if possible.

Pospodo

came for the pron but stayed for teh lulz
Oct 29, 2001
'merica
Congrats, I like that truck a lot. Almost always, you can put slightly larger tires on a stock vehicle, but it may not be as dramatic of a change that you are looking for. Search for some 'Yota forums and ask them.

Stock size tires are 31x10.5s or 265/70/16s since you have a '02. You can't really go any bigger than that. You could fit 32x11.5s, but they are gonna rub on the frame in the front. Coilver lifts are around $600 shipped for approx. 2-3.5" of lift depending on if you have 4wd or not. You could be able to clear a 32 with that. 33's maybe if you get glass fenders and have the right rims. I'd say if you don't want to mess with the suspension, just get a 32 and try not to put the steering at full lock so the tires don't rub that much.

Pat McCrotch

For a good site/forum check out www.tacomaterritory.com Most of them are off-raoders, so they can steer you in the right direction with your wheel/tire questions.

Enjoy your new truck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448