Navy Seal claim - Due Diligence?

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
Hello Team OT,

I have someone in my personal network, LinkedIn, who states he was in the Seals. I have no reason not to believe him, but it did have me wondering. Anyway, I could verify this? How do I know he didn't just wash out, where he knows just enough to fool me a laymen's civilian, but a real seal would be able to call B.S.

Is there some time of validation system or list one could verify against? I could imagine the government not wanting a list of their special forces available to the ether of the universe, but how else could one check such a claim?

TS
TS
Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
Also SEALs tend not to discuss being SEALs. The one legit operator I knew never breathed a word of it and it was generally understood to be something we never raised.
Very valid point,
His blurb -
"Everything I accomplished, all that I earned, I did it the hard way. As I look back on the dusty and disruptive war-cloud that was my career as a Navy SEAL, I am honored to have been one of very few mortals serving alongside America's greatest superheroes in The Teams.

Though scarred and weathered, I stand now with a triumphant smile. A 20-year career forged in shortcomings, failure, growth, and finally, success has become the root system of who I am and has left me with a visceral sense of deep humility and a profound feeling of gratefulness to those who mentored and sharpened me along the way. Thanks to them, I now know who I really am and my unique purpose on this earth.

It is my honor to share with you my personal lessons learned with the sole intention of helping you to create your own elite organization based in cohesive and mutually supportive and inspiring environments.

I have a genuine passion for mentoring other fellow mortals and seeing them stand VICTORIOUS in the center of the ring of their personal and professional lives."

Is his name Dan Blizerian?
Negative.
Don Shipley was the go to person for verifying SEALS and military service in general. I don't know if he still does it, his YouTube channel got canned recently.
Interesting!

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
Very valid point,
His blurb -
"Everything I accomplished, all that I earned, I did it the hard way. As I look back on the dusty and disruptive war-cloud that was my career as a Navy SEAL, I am honored to have been one of very few mortals serving alongside America's greatest superheroes in The Teams.

Though scarred and weathered, I stand now with a triumphant smile. A 20-year career forged in shortcomings, failure, growth, and finally, success has become the root system of who I am and has left me with a visceral sense of deep humility and a profound feeling of gratefulness to those who mentored and sharpened me along the way. Thanks to them, I now know who I really am and my unique purpose on this earth.

It is my honor to share with you my personal lessons learned with the sole intention of helping you to create your own elite organization based in cohesive and mutually supportive and inspiring environments.

I have a genuine passion for mentoring other fellow mortals and seeing them stand VICTORIOUS in the center of the ring of their personal and professional lives."

Negative.

Interesting!
This sounds like atomic level of LinkedIn subtle brag puffery. Way too over the top, even for a former service guy paying a writer :rofl:

memyselfandi

OT Supporter
Dec 18, 2008
America's Hat
Very valid point,
His blurb -

Negative.

Interesting!

What a vapid cunt

Trungtastic

OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2002
Austin
Very valid point,
His blurb -

seal or not lmao

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Virginia
Very valid point,
His blurb -

Negative.

Interesting!

Rofl wtf

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Also SEALs tend not to discuss being SEALs. The one legit operator I knew never breathed a word of it and it was generally understood to be something we never raised.
Friend was an army ranger.

Doesn't like talking about being in the army or being a ranger.

Anyone who asks about it gets yes or no answers not much elaboration and he changes the subject.

I don't blame him.

Reactions: MWHC22

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
Same. I met a seal sniper who was close with my friend. Dude had video montages of him popping grapes to "let the bodies hit the floor," but would not talk about any of it, wouldn't talk about guns, wouldn't go to the range. Nothing.

Leonard Washington

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Very valid point,
His blurb -

Negative.

Interesting!

This is why I can’t fucking stand linked in

Reactions: Beer Goggles

Das-Helmut

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I've always heard those guys refer to the 'Teams' never "I was a SEAL" or "...during my time as a SEAL..." Very humble people, and they know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman