ART Neck Strap

trueimage

Money from dirt
OT Supporter
Oct 23, 2006
Calgary
The used 5D I bought a little while about has no strap. I didn't think I'd need one at first, but now I'm reconsidering.

What do you guys use?

Total Xenocide

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2007
pics? :x: I havent seen an eyebolt that small, and what is a carabiner?

6175827258_7e60413376_b.jpg

~$2 @ Home Depot
Haven't dropped anything yet and keeps my hands free
Oh, but I do suggest a hand strap on the body. Helps with the not dropping

Keegan

Jun 9, 2008
DC
I run domke straps. I'd call them shoulder straps though, as I've maybe put my camera around my neck twice?

FoRMaTioN R

May 15, 2000
*westside hand gesture*
I picked up the RS-4, the others seem too much going on for a strap.

Why didn't Canon/Nikon make their straps like this? I procrastinated for a long time on buying a new strap because my camera came with one, but now I see why people use these straps rather than the OEM ones.

( * )( * )

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
What about when you aren't using the camera? I was using both Canon neck strap and hand strap and found it hard to use controls when the strap was tightened to where I felt a snug grip.

When I am working, I use a dual r-strap.
6193474583_511b441fb9_b.jpg

For out and about use, if I am not using the camera, it goes in a bag.

huntz0r

Apr 18, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Domke Gripper for me. I just like the price and the classic look. It stays adjusted long enough to carry the camera sling style, as I have problems hanging more than a couple pounds directly on my neck.

I used an Opteka hand strap for a while and liked it, but the plastic base where it attaches to the tripod mount is a piece of shit. If there is another brand available with a sturdier build (preferably metal plate?) that stays in place once you screw it in and doesn't bend and wobble like crazy, I would seriously look into buying it, but I haven't found anything so far.

pantheR

Nov 1, 2006
Washington, DC
absolutely hate my double R strap. it's terrible unless you're just standing and DON'T need to move quick/crouch/etc.

the single strap is pretty decent, though it's overpriced still.

the best way is eyebolt/carabiner which I use more often now.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan