TECH NEdit or similar on osx

REDandBLACKpack

Nov 29, 2007
ATL
Im taking an intro to java class this semester and in one of our assignments we have to edit a java file with NEdit.

How can I do this on osx? Is there a way to get NEdit or does another program exist that will work for me?

Im just starting at all of this and already a little lost :rofl:

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
I used xcode/terminal for any java stuff I had to do. You could also look in to Eclipse or jEdit, or NetBeans. There are a bunch of options

TS
TS
REDandBLACKpack

REDandBLACKpack

Nov 29, 2007
ATL
basically I have been using terminal and it has worked fine until I get to the point where I am supposed to enter in the command nedit file.java and terminal will say NEdit:can't open display

I tried installing nedit from one of the above links but I dont know if I did it correctly because when I click on it, it just opens an x11 window

I also have installed netbeans before but dont know how to use it to do what I need to

TS
TS
REDandBLACKpack

REDandBLACKpack

Nov 29, 2007
ATL
if anyone could help me out with this today id really appreciate it, im sure i am just making a small error somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448