TECH need help converting .wma to .mp3

Oct 17, 2004
New England
i tried it out and it didnt work for the file, i tried 3 different .wma's and none of them converted to mp3, downloaded the file after the supposed conversion and just got a quick bleep of sound...
I just tried it and it worked fine.

Maffy29

Jan 5, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Will that program convert .aac to .mp3?

If so, iTunes will convert your .wma to .aac

Convert from there. Maybe iTunes will convert the .wma to .mp3? I've never actually tried that.

trouphaz

Sep 22, 2003
if he has iTunes, that makes sense. But if he doesn't, then Super would be the way to go.

i'm just confirming that iTunes will, in fact, convert from wma to mp3. maffy29 wasn't sure. click edit -> preferences, click import settings on the general tab, set import using to mp3 encoder, set your bit rate and click ok and ok. by default, iTunes will convert to aac, but this makes it use mp3.

rkf76

May 15, 2004
i'm just confirming that iTunes will, in fact, convert from wma to mp3. maffy29 wasn't sure. click edit -> preferences, click import settings on the general tab, set import using to mp3 encoder, set your bit rate and click ok and ok. by default, iTunes will convert to aac, but this makes it use mp3.
gotcha, might want to quote who you're responding to next time to prevent any misunderstanding

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor