FIT Need some advice (injury related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biskit

Jun 22, 2006
In Communist Cuba
I severely rolled and sprained my ankle this weekend. I don't want to take time off from late night runs and my routine.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do (or should do). Taking time off for me is generally not a good idea because getting back into the routine is difficult, at least for it me is.

It is healing at a decent rate, I can put shoes and socks on by myself now. I have access to a pool (was thinking of doing laps until I feel the ankle is ready for jogging once again).

Anyways, I would like the input from the people at F&N. Thanks in advance.

What do you suggest I do so I don't fall out of the cycle I have going on right now.

noogles

Feb 19, 2004
that sucks, man. i rolled my ankle pretty bad end of last year. i've only regained full balance, flexability and strength a couple of weeks ago so my rehab was probably fail. R.I.C.E for the first few days then i alternated ice and heat. took ibuprofen only when i really needed it. the second half of this yeah i did a lot of single leg work (single leg DLs, pistols, step ups etc) and i'm gonna guess they helped. i do a lot of ankle mobility and knee stability work now and hopefully it'll prevent future injuries.

mandrew

Aug 25, 2008
S.F.
swimming is a great idea, also you can do pushups, pullups, dips, etc. just keep your weight off the ankle and make sure that it doesn't hurt and you'll be fine.

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
I would not be running on it, the pool sounds like a good idea for keeping active while injured...gotta let it heal though, don't rush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan