TECH need some feedback on a front page for a forum

drpepper

Nov 13, 2006
San Antonio
i run this site with another member. we have a disagreement on what system we should use as the main page

right now we are using a wordpress system. not linked for the forums, totally separate, looks dull.

link

i want to use this system, linked to forum and to me it looks a little more structured and cleaner.

link

opinions?

themolsen

Sep 29, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
when you say "linked to the forum" I assume you mean they access the same database? that's a really important function to have, IMO, so members can log in via the portal and check for new posts and private messages and other stuff

I definitely like the look and functionality of the second link

TS
TS
drpepper

drpepper

Nov 13, 2006
San Antonio
when you say "linked to the forum" I assume you mean they access the same database? that's a really important function to have, IMO, so members can log in via the portal and check for new posts and private messages and other stuff

I definitely like the look and functionality of the second link
yea, it has access to the forums database. that way it can grab stats, threads, users, etc.

kingtoad

Sep 2, 2003
Los Angeles
welcome_banner.gif

kingtoad

Sep 2, 2003
Los Angeles
Don't know how important ad space is to you but both ads on the second layout are below the fold, which usually isn't a good thing if you expect people to click on it. :o

kingtoad

Sep 2, 2003
Los Angeles
cool thanks. illl probably get rid of the welcome banner up top.

I think removing the "welcome banner" would be ideal, since most users I don't think would even read it. If you do that, you can place the ad block above the login and stats block and it'll have a decent placement for your ads and the login area would still be viewable.

TS
TS
drpepper

drpepper

Nov 13, 2006
San Antonio
I think removing the "welcome banner" would be ideal, since most users I don't think would even read it. If you do that, you can place the ad block above the login and stats block and it'll have a decent placement for your ads and the login area would still be viewable.
:bowdown:

thanks a lot. looks a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor