STYLE Need some new carry-on luggage ... what's the hotness fam?

Dr. Mike

yes
OT Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
San Diego
Looking for 20" to 22" - durable roller luggage that I can use throughout the week. I'm usually gone for 4-5 days at a time

I'm kinda partial to hard luggage - I like the stuff with easy pop-out access

I don't love these colors though, prefer titanium or gray

Anyone using luggage with a battery pack included? How much of a pain in the ass is it to get through security?

I'm also interested in the luggage that follows you around but couldn't find any decent options without scathing reviews. Seems the technology isn't there yet. Thoughts?

Bonus: Asian chick with giant bolt-on titties reviews some luggage that follows her around

Toodles

Don't ever give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping!
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2002
Swampsville
Hard shell with front pop up and free spinning wheels ftw

I have the black hard shell by Level 8. Doesn't have the battery pack or look as bold but it costs less than half as the one you posted.

Traveled to Vegas with it last weekend. No problem with the carry on compartments on two aircrafts.

TS
TS
Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike

yes
OT Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
San Diego
Rimowa is cool - wondering if it's worth the price tag though considering it doesn't have any stupid gimmicky features

And like I said I really like the easy pop-out access for another laptop, etc.

H-508

It's ETA, not H, you fck
Dec 16, 2000
hard shell is such shit. Maybe not bad for carry on but f that noise for international travel. Have had 3 out of 6 hard shell cases cracked or scratched the fuck out of. Ballistic nylon is so much better - doesn't show wear, doesn't crack, tough to rip. Airline baggage people are typically garbage anyway with how rough they are with your stuff, you think corona has made their employee base better or worse? Anything by travelpro is great; had this for a few years and couldn't be happier:

Reactions: Dr. Mike

Platinum_Thunder

Reliability for life and liberty
Jun 28, 2001
Bumping this thread. I need some new luggage. I would like a hard side spinner. Considering the Amazon Basics as a good value. What do

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
I have The North Face's Rolling Thunder 22 and the 30 or 36, I forget. - works great. But I don't travel much anymore, so it will last a really long time :o

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I've got an away carry on - it's great for a lower cost option, only downside is that there isn't an outside pocket to stash things for easy access

travelpro is supposed to be good for the money, but doesn't look all that nice

Platinum_Thunder

Reliability for life and liberty
Jun 28, 2001
I've got an away carry on - it's great for a lower cost option, only downside is that there isn't an outside pocket to stash things for easy access

travelpro is supposed to be good for the money, but doesn't look all that nice
Not having a stash pocket is a little bit of a concern. I always have some other kind of bag with me though :dunno:

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
Not having a stash pocket is a little bit of a concern. I always have some other kind of bag with me though :dunno:

yeah, that seems like a pretty big oversight, but the rest of it is really well done and most people have a secondary bag for quick stashing and storage

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
Hard shell with front pop up and free spinning wheels ftw

I have the black hard shell by Level 8. Doesn't have the battery pack or look as bold but it costs less than half as the one you posted.

Traveled to Vegas with it last weekend. No problem with the carry on compartments on two aircrafts.
id also vote lvl 8 stuff as it works well and does not cost some ungodly amount

tumi is nice if you wanna be spendy

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448