SRS Neighbors dog got shot.... I feel like its my fault...

94SupraTT

Banned
Apr 23, 2001
Los Tempe
I haven't been posting much... just too much going on.. and this is a srs thread.. so please respect the tag..

I need to pour this out quick before it rips me apart inside.

So here is what happened.

Wife and I get home from some quick shopping at home depot, as were driving by our neighbors house we hear a woman SCREAMING like either she is going to kill someone.. or someone is killing her kind of screaming, but we cant quite pinpoint where its coming from (our area is a bit of an echo chamber so its hard to pinpoint locations. After this goes on for a few minutes we decide to call the cops. telling them our address but we cant quite figure out where it was coming from. now.. I have heard domestic disturbances.. but this was different. This was a level of insanity i couldn't even begin to cover. you see horror movies? scream queans? yea.. that kind of noise..

a few minutes later we see where this is coming from, our neighbors house, in the yard, a young girl screaming and throwing things.. and screaming she is going to "fucking kill herself" followed with "im going to fucking kill you" and so on. This continues for a few and we call the cops again to inform them of the new information. I was worried she was being beaten, or doing the beating, or what im not sure. Im not very close to my neighbors, or i would go over myself to see if things are ok.

While on the phone with Dispatch i inform them that they have a dog.. and that dog is in their yard, as we can see him there.. we know the dog, he is a sweetie, nice dog, never bit anyone and so on.

cops show up.. ignore the front door go right to the back yard where the dog does his job and defends his home and family. Bites this woman cop who then proceeds to pump 5 rounds into this poor thing.

now.. we high tail it up there to figure out what the fuck happened. turns out she was bitten and upset and so on.. but seriously it was a 40lb dog at most.. but even more so why didnt they knock on the FUCKING DOOR!

anyway.. i feel totally responsible, and am worried they may try to retaliate against me or my pups.. but.. I just dont know. thinking its time to move on :(

I dont know what to do on the verge of tears, in both anger at the fucking cop

Turns out the girl and her BF have been experimenting with LSD and other hallucinogens, and were getting into a fight.. over something.. and she is not well in the head. her mom is having her committed i guess.. I dont know.

any way I just feel like an asshole i just didn't want her to get hurt or anyone else :(

Did i do the right thing?
it feels like its my fault the innocent pup is dead, is it?
wife wants to offer to take them to the pound to pick out a new pup in the next few days, is this in poor taste?

Joesbe

Every man dies, but not every man really lives.
OT Supporter
Apr 13, 2008
Damned if you do damned if you don't.

If you don't call and something bad happened you would feel terrible.

If you call and something like this happens you feel like shit as well.

End of the day fuck trigger happy cops.

Could have pepper sprayed or tased the dog, instead shoots it numerous times.

TopTuna

OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2010
Arizona
Definitely not your fault. You did the right thing. However, I might still be concerned about retaliation from your neighbors. You're a better judge on how reasonable you think they are, though.

PassionFruit

Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles, California, U.S.A
I'm the type of person that takes personal responsibility very seriously, but this isn't your fault, at all. You had a valid reason for calling the cops. It's like calling an ambulance and having the ambulance run someone over on their way there... that's not on you, you tried to do the responsible thing. I wouldn't tell anyone it was you who called the cops, as they might pile on the displaced anger towards you instead of the retarded cops.

TS
TS
94SupraTT

94SupraTT

Banned
Apr 23, 2001
Los Tempe
Damned if you do damned if you don't.

If you don't call and something bad happened you would feel terrible.

If you call and something like this happens you feel like shit as well.

End of the day fuck trigger happy cops.

Could have pepper sprayed or tased the dog, instead shoots it numerous times.

I just feel like such a fucking asshole.. a family will be without their pup for Christmas... and while i didnt pull the trigger i still somehow feel responsible.

Ore

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Hamilton ON
Absolutely you did the right thing calling the cops if you thought someone was in distress.

Shitty that the cops couldn't be more professional but that's not on you.

I guess I understand the guilt you are feeling as an analogy if you left something unlocked and someone stole from you you would feel bad yes? Fact of the matter is the thief is in the moral wrong in that situation much like the cop or the screamer in yours.

I wouldn't broach getting them a puppy or tell them you called the cops

TS
TS
94SupraTT

94SupraTT

Banned
Apr 23, 2001
Los Tempe
I'm the type of person that takes personal responsibility very seriously, but this isn't your fault, at all. You had a valid reason for calling the cops. It's like calling an ambulance and having the ambulance run someone over on their way there... that's not on you, you tried to do the responsible thing. I wouldn't tell anyone it was you who called the cops, as they might pile on the displaced anger towards you instead of the retarded cops.

they know it was me.. I wasnt the only one, but they know it was me.

infinite97

superior attitude, superior state of mind
Sep 18, 2001
Vancouver, WA
Definitely not your fault. Cops are sometimes fucking pieces of shit and this low-trained scumbag just showed that.

File a complaint with her dept. if you feel like going further, otherwise, it’s over.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448