Neighbors garage was just broken into

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Broke into their truck and used opener. I imagine there's not much you can do for prevention. I've got the f150 home link which has contant power so wouldn't take much for mine either. Loading up on some more cameras.

TucsonTerror

Feed someone who's hungry!
OT Supporter
Jan 29, 2005
Tucson, AZ USA
Broke into their truck and used opener. I imagine there's not much you can do for prevention. I've got the f150 home link which has contant power so wouldn't take much for mine either. Loading up on some more cameras.
I turned mine off and use a little remote. You probably have a lock option on the opener too so it can only be operated by the wall mount.

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
Hmm. What was stolen?
Seems like you go to that much trouble, you have a fairly decent idea of what's in there.

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
Get a keychain garage door opener and don't leave the keys in the vehicle.

Reactions: Muddy Waters
TS
TS
matrix243

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
I turned mine off and use a little remote. You probably have a lock option on the opener too so it can only be operated by the wall mount.

So never use an opener? Thats seems extreme. Just wish the vehicle home link had ignition power instead.

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Go get your fuckin' shinebox
OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North

Most of the new garage openers have integration with your home alarm system or a standalone app to remotely control the doors making remotes obselete. I have all mine at home and work integrated into my alarm system and have specific rules set up in the system governing when they can be opened and by whom. Instant alerts to my phone if anything goes on with them.

IMG_3700.PNG

Reactions: Twinsen and Ebtek
TS
TS
matrix243

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Most of the new garage openers have integration with your home alarm system or a standalone app to remotely control the doors making remotes obselete. I have all mine at home and work integrated into my alarm system and have specific rules set up in the system governing when they can be opened and by whom. Instant alerts to my phone if anything goes on with them.

View attachment 67813

Yep, money buys stuff. So just change all my shit.

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Happened to my neighbor recently. Broke into their car and opened the garage.

Took all openers out of our vehicles and just use the MyQ app

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan