Nest thermostat + moving?

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
If you're moving out of your house that has a nest thermostat do you need to do something to remove it from your account?

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
If you're moving out of your house that has a nest thermostat do you need to do something to remove it from your account?

write 'honeywell' on the existing tstat that way the next person never knows to install the nest app because they think it is a honeywell tstat.

Reactions: Ebtek

Pogi

Official Pointy Boot Guey Ver 1.0
Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
Yes.

You have to go to the physical nest and scroll to remove account and remove your account.

I also reset the thermostat as well and removed the wifi account.

The next user can configure the wifi and then get a code from the thermostat to tie it to their own nest account

Reactions: Ebtek

Fordgasm

Mike Trout > All
May 12, 2001
I’m pretty sure in the Nest FAQ on their website it says to post that question on OT for what to do.

Weapon X

Sep 5, 2001
Why would you remove it from your account? Fuck with the new homeowner and keep changing the temperature.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Nest experts, which model Nest do I want? The thermostat in my new house has the worst UI ever.

I think it's this....

I'd look at Ecobee. I have nest t-stats and protects but I am looking to get rid of it all. The app hasn't been updated in years. The t-stats appear offline randomly. Yes, I've given them a static ip address outside the dhcp range. It made the issue happen less often, but it's still a few times a week I'm dealing with it. The protects have been fine aside from one had a sensor go bad in our son's room at 4am and alert us that there was smoke. That was fun. Two of the protects are expiring in the next few months so I'm looking to replace it all at this point.

TS
TS
Ebtek

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
Yes.

You have to go to the physical nest and scroll to remove account and remove your account.

I also reset the thermostat as well and removed the wifi account.

The next user can configure the wifi and then get a code from the thermostat to tie it to their own nest account
Thanks man

Reactions: Pogi

Pogi

Official Pointy Boot Guey Ver 1.0
Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
TS
TS
Ebtek

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
Nest and Nest E iirc the main difference is the more expensive one has farsight and supposedly is compatible with more hvacs
The better one has learning capabilities for scheduling. Home/away. Setting the temp automatically etc
And a high resolution display if that matters

I prefer the look of the white (cheaper) one

Reactions: Rusty Shackleford

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan