TECH Net::Amazon::SimpleDB::Simple

Peyomp

Jan 11, 2002
I wrote my first CPAN module. Haven't gone through the CPAN submit process yet, will have to wait a couple days till I get time to satisfy their testing requirements but... before this lib there was no easy way to shove Perl data structures in and out of Amazon SimpleDB, their libs are way more complex than need be to access a big cloud hash. Now there is a simple way. Needs work, doesn't handle exceptions, set methods don't even bloody return anything... but it works, so I'm publishing and I'll continue to work on it.

http://rjurneyopen.s3.amazonaws.com/SimpleDB/Simple.pm

Last edited:

SLED

custom title
Sep 20, 2001
cool. Don't use perl, but been looking into SimpleDB lately now that it's out of private beta.

TS
TS

Peyomp

Jan 11, 2002
Can one of you storage guys tell me:

If gigabit ethernet IS the bottleneck, as these are share drives... what will be the properties of a large RAID 0 array under one? Any benefits at all?

TS
TS

Peyomp

Jan 11, 2002
Tonight I successfully converted a MySQL app to SimpleDB. Found/removed tons of bugs in doing so. Am going to load it up with data and see how it does on different queries.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan