GUN never let anyone shoot your reloads

nine

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2004
so. cal.
assuming you let people know any risks that may be involved in shooting ammunition that you have personally reloaded, why not let others shoot them?

i have no desire to pay full price for factory ammo just so my girl can come shooting with me. also, bringing an extra hundred or two when i go shooting with a friend/family member so they don't have to spend as much (maybe trade 100 rounds for the range fee or something :dunno:)

whats the deal? is it a legal thing?

kf4zht

Oct 7, 2005
Jasper, GA
Generally it is a legal thing. Also it depends on who's gun it is. I would never give someone reloads to shoot from their gun, who knows what they might put it in.

I have let friends and family shoot reloads out of my guns, no problems there.

Never sell reloads. I knew a guy that offered "custom" rifle rounds. Several times he called me to ask for reload specs out of my books. Idiot was dumb enough to be selling reloads and not even have a book when he was reloading. That is playing with fire in several ways

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
Generally what you hear is "never shoot somebody else's reloads", which translates to "don't buy a giant bag of cheap 9mm from some hillbilly at a gun show" because you just don't know how careful or precise they are. Many, many guns have been blown up because of under or over powered loads.

As long as you know you were thorough when you reloaded your own, there's nothing wrong with letting friends anf family shoot them.

TS
TS
nine

nine

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2004
so. cal.
Generally what you hear is "never shoot somebody else's reloads", which translates to "don't buy a giant bag of cheap 9mm from some hillbilly at a gun show" because you just don't know how careful or precise they are. Many, many guns have been blown up because of under or over powered loads.

As long as you know you were thorough when you reloaded your own, there's nothing wrong with letting friends anf family shoot them.

thats what i figured, but every forum i read says never to let anyone shoot your reloads. especially in their own guns.

phoenixTX

Sep 10, 2004
Dallas and OKC
Better safe than sorry. If they were to blow up their gun or get injured in some way, it wouldn't be too hard to show that you were negligent in reloading your ammo and causing the catastrophic failure. Or more accurately, it would be pretty hard for you to show that you weren't negligent.

Is that worth saving a few dollars a box? If nothing else, reload your own, but bring a box of Federal or WWB to trade for range fees.

TS
TS
nine

nine

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2004
so. cal.
Better safe than sorry. If they were to blow up their gun or get injured in some way, it wouldn't be too hard to show that you were negligent in reloading your ammo and causing the catastrophic failure. Or more accurately, it would be pretty hard for you to show that you weren't negligent.

Is that worth saving a few dollars a box? If nothing else, reload your own, but bring a box of Federal or WWB to trade for range fees.

guess i'll be printing up some releases :noes:

also, here in CA wal mart barely ever has WWB 45 auto in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor