New Beetle?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by SQLee, Sep 26, 2003.

1. SQLee

SQLee The OTer That Cares™

Can you do the same things to a 1.8t Beetle that you can do to the 1.8t Jettas and GTIs? I've been seeing some of these Beetle's with the 1.8t selling used for less than the Jettas and GTIs. I'd be willing to sacrifice driving something so "cute" to save money to spend on performance upgrades :naughty: But only if you can get these up to par with the GTI and Jetta. So, what kind of mods can you do to a 1.8t Beetle, how much power can you get, and how much does it cost?

2. accord 4 me

accord 4 me Goooooooooooooooogle

chip it for +35hp +60ft/lbs, stage 3 kit will get you 220 hp and 245 ft/lbs torque for 1400 bucks

after that..i dunno...go check out some vw boards

3. bobo

bobo Something Something....

4. anjego

anjego Invading your economy!

i believe that most of the mods you can do to the MKIV you can apply to the beetle. suspension & stuff may be different but the engine is pretty much the same.

5. FryingPan

FryingPan Certified Thread Killer

Yeah, it's just about the same with the Beetle as it is with Jettas and GTI's. I think suspension setups are pretty much the same as well. That's the beauty of the MKIV platform. I've got a vid of a T3/4 New Beetle laying down a 12.9 :eek3: Looked pretty stock too. VR6 swaps are feasible as well. If you want to see a monster Beetle, check out www.hpamotorsports.com

They just built an R32 that did a 0-60 of like 3.2 seconds and ran an 11 or something like that. Actually, I think they just slapped on some turbos and beefed up the transmission. . . :eek3: