ART New camera in the stable v D7000

isaac86hatch

This thread sucks
Oct 3, 2005
Oregon
Tiny little thing compared to the D700 + grip. Won't probably be using it for stills that much but will definitely be shooting some video again, which nets me a lot more money. High ISO is typical Nikon :bowdown: Comparing some old video shot with my 7D and 5D and the D7000 is definitely cleaner when up around 3200-6400. No 60P, though :hs: All in all, it seems like a great camera for 1,200 bucks.

AdvanTech

OT Supporter
Feb 22, 2005
Cleaner? I find video noisier because it doesn't smooth out everything including details. Am I alone?

Aero277

Aug 13, 2003
Los Angeles
I'm pretty jelly. I've been really tempted lately by the Dark Side b/c of the ISO-performance, and the ergonomics in general. How's the AF in video on it though?

If Canon doesn't come back with a continuous AF model at a competitive price point, I might jump.

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
After shooting video with one a few weeks ago, I will now officially state that not being able to change aperture in live view/video mode = bullshit. So irritating. :mad:

dmora

Grats! I've been thinking of renting one for my trip to europe. :o but then I remember I'll be carrying a digital, and 2 film bodies already. :hs:

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
You weren't able to on Pentax, either. Is this an option on Canon, I assume? I couldn't imagine people would be shocked about it if it wasn't.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
You weren't able to on Pentax, either. Is this an option on Canon, I assume? I couldn't imagine people would be shocked about it if it wasn't.
yes :o I do a lot of it when filming. I can adjust anything even during recording [iso/shutter/aperture]

Aero277

Aug 13, 2003
Los Angeles
yes :o I do a lot of it when filming. I can adjust anything even during recording [iso/shutter/aperture]

The only thing that sucks is that I wish you could lock in shutter speed and then control aperture without hitting to hold the AV button (T2i). But yeah, I'm glad I found this out. I'm not as tempted by the D7k as much now. :hs:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448