New car decisions

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by rockstar b, Dec 5, 2015.

1. rockstar b

rockstar b M A Z D A B O Y S OT Supporter

I have a 2002 WS6 that I bought new. It has 36k miles and is in very nice shape. The body and interior are probably both 9/10. I've completely modified it, but not to the extreme. It has a nice cam with heads, full exhaust, full street suspension, 4.10s, and a full stereo system. It puts down 400/400. I've gone through a bunch of DDs while I've had this car:

95 Civic EX
    08 Civic SI
    07 Z51 C6
    12 GTI
    93 Miata that I fully restored
    and now a flashed/lightly modded 13 Abarth

I get universally and quickly bored with my DDs. I have no idea why. Lately I've been really wanting an S550 Mustang GT. I walked by my TA this morning and thought to myself, "Why don't I just drive the TA?" It's not going to be worth anything no matter how long I save it, and I'd never sell it anyway. It's "rare" in the fact that only 300 were built in my color with a 6-speed, but it's still just a Firebird. Now that I'm older, I just keep looking at how much fucking money I've wasted on cars. Why would I go buy a new Mustang for $40k when I have the exact same car at home that's paid for. Thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. clever_username

clever_username Well-Known Member

I'll say that WS6 will be worth a decent amount to the right buyer, especially with low miles.

Look at a GT350 maybe?

3. 91RS

91RS If this flag offends you... you need a history les

Maybe buy a better car for a DD? I bought an 07 Cadillac STS for my DD and although it isn't "fast," its still a really nice car.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you don't feel the F-bird is going to increase in value, might as well drive it while gas prices are low.

5. rockstar b

rockstar b M A Z D A B O Y S OT Supporter

My dad talked me out of it. He said, "Keep your other car, and if you want to drive the Firebird for two months straight, then just do it."