CAR new car thread to argue about - Telluride v XC90 v Q7 -

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I'm not a fan either but its doable. Weirdly my wife jumped behind the wheel and seemed to just figure it out.

But she also hates iDrive which is awesome :squint:
we drove an rdx before buying our last car and I didn't love it, but the wife hated the touch pad thing. it's just an absolutely unnecessary inconvenience that Acura decided to build in.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
are you saying jeeps have better short and long term reliability than kia?
I don't keep vehicles 7+ years so I don't really have to worry about that. My point is, even without thinking about the jeep, why would you pick the Palisade for MSRP + $3k over the other choices you originally compared it to?

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I don't keep vehicles 7+ years so I don't really have to worry about that. My point is, even without thinking about the jeep, why would you pick the Palisade for MSRP + $3k over the other choices you originally compared it to?
because a telluride at 53k is a better vehicle for what Im looking for than the XC90 or the q7 at 62-64k

Reactions: PassionFruit

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
:rofl: you're like the only one that thinks a jeep is a good long term purchase
I bought it up because you were going to pay over MSRP for a Hyundai and I just watched that review which compared it to both the Hyunda and Kia SUV. They can be had with a discount currently and the powertrain is pretty established by this point. I'd chose and did chose the XC90 when I bought but never cross shopped anything other than luxury brands.

Nov 19, 2001
I have a 21 Telluride S and it blows a 21 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Limited away. A friend has a 21 GCL as a rental and it has so much hard touch plastic its insane plus its 20k more than my Telluride. If you removed the KIA emblems on my car they would think its a much higher priced suv.

Reactions: smell my finger

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
I have a 21 Telluride S and it blows a 21 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Limited away. A friend has a 21 GCL as a rental and it has so much hard touch plastic its insane plus its 20k more than my Telluride. If you removed the KIA emblems on my car they would think its a much higher priced suv.
1. A limited JGC L is $46k to start. Link me to a $26k Telluride.
2. They both have shitty hard touch plastic. The jeep has it toward the bottom of your touch points.
3. Nobody thinks your Kia is much more expensive than it was except you.
4. Watch the video I posted on the last page and you can easily see why the JCG L is a better overall vs the hyundai.

I'm not saying out of all your choices the JGC L is the one to go with. I'm just saying it's available, not marked up and has a dramatically better frame, suspension and architecture than the Korean offerings.

Going off the original post I'd go base model XC90 or Q7 or MDX over the Korean brands.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Between the t5/6 these things are slow as hell no matter what so there isn't a huge difference. But the seats in the inscription are amazing.
Coming from a T6 and driving T5 loaners, the T5 has more downlow grunt but falls on its face halfway through the RPM range. Midrange and top end power are quite noticeable in the T6.

KMAzz

Oct 18, 2003
PA(poconos)
Coming from a T6 and driving T5 loaners, the T5 has more downlow grunt but falls on its face halfway through the RPM range. Midrange and top end power are quite noticeable in the T6.
Between my t5 xc60 and t6 s60 they both feel equally as slow. But I've also been using my p1 as a daily since it was delivered so at least that has a little go in it

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448