CAR new car thread to argue about - Telluride v XC90 v Q7 -

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
Looks like it’s time to explore other options. They are really overhyped. We test drove one this year and were not impressed at all.
the driving dynamics are the least great thing about them

they're still a better vehicle than the Atlas, Ascent, Pilot, etc at that price point

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte
A Premium Plus or Prestige Q7 is pretty damn nice and spacious. Had one for my wedding last year. SQ7 would be even better.

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
A Premium Plus or Prestige Q7 is pretty damn nice and spacious. Had one for my wedding last year. SQ7 would be even better.

the Q7 is probably not as much space as I'm looking for.

it's tight for a 3 row. audi will probably come out with a Q9 (or something like that) later on

tolomei

Leaving Las *****-Vegas
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2001
I have the XC90, it's a fantastic car but it's still a minivan at the end of the day. I don't know if the styling will fair all that great as time goes on.

Reactions: smell my finger

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Local dealer has a loaded SQ7 that's been on the lot for weeks. I'm wondering if they will move at all on price.

Reactions: Divine

Ffej207

University of South Florida... in West Central Flo
Dec 29, 2000
Charleston, SC
the third row on that is a joke

It's a joke (for adults) on everything that's not a full-size gas guzzler. My kids (both 5'7ish) can sit back there for a four-hour road trip, but definitely don't choose to ride back there every day. If you want something that's going to sit two or three adults in the back row on a normal basis, you either need a minivan or something legit full size (Tahoe size or bigger).

hoody

OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2020
It's a joke (for adults) on everything that's not a full-size gas guzzler. My kids (both 5'7ish) can sit back there for a four-hour road trip, but definitely don't choose to ride back there every day. If you want something that's going to sit two or three adults in the back row on a normal basis, you either need a minivan or something legit full size (Tahoe size or bigger).
Telluride has a functional 3rd row

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Telluride has a functional 3rd row
Agreed, I was in the 3rd row for a few hours this summer and didn’t have any issues. Granted it had captains in 2nd that weren’t all the way back but there was plenty of room.

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
my wife and I sat somewhat comfortably in the back of the telluride after adjusting the 2nd row and first row for me, it really has a lot of room inside, more similar to a minivan than a small 3 row

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo
TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I have never thought to myself "Boy, I really need to by this Hyundai/Kia right this second"
I tend to agree but the wife wants a larger vehicle sooner than later

our 2013 civic still works fine, but we're also able to get. more. for it right now. it doesn't completely break even, but it's not so bad.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Do you have the Polestar software upgrade or have tried it?
Yes we have it on our XC90. Drove the stock software for about 1k miles or so and then flashed it. Stock throttle response is terribly laggy in all modes except dynamic. The only issue with running dynamic is it runs in the lowest suspension setting and the firmest setting(if you have air suspension). With the Polestar tune, throttle response in all modes is similar to dynamic mode and the new "Polestar" mode which replaces dynamic is even more aggressive. The transmission tuning is very good with the tune, it's almost always in the right gear. We negotiated it during the sale so I think we paid $900 for it. Easily worth the price.

Ffej207

University of South Florida... in West Central Flo
Dec 29, 2000
Charleston, SC
my wife and I sat somewhat comfortably in the back of the telluride after adjusting the 2nd row and first row for me, it really has a lot of room inside, more similar to a minivan than a small 3 row

You can do the same in the Highlander. The only issue I have is the floor height in the third row. Honestly, we probably would've looked closer at the Telluride if a) there were any available, and b) they had good deals. We found a guy on leasehackr and got our fully loaded Highlander for $518/mo, 36 months, $0 down. All I had to pay was the first month's payment.

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

JerseyAhole

Pasta-Salad President, Yeti King
OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2010
Take a Fuckin' Guess?
I personally really love the look of the Telluride but I could not imagine having to pay a dollar over sticker for one. That would just fucking aggravate me..

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>SEA>CLT
Market adjustment for like a GT series Porsche or a first year Corvette? Sure I get that

For a fucking Kia? Nah, buy the Volvo or Q7.

Can you get a new Tahoe with some nice equipment for similar pricing? They should have a decent bit of equipment on higher trim levels. New Tahoes also have IRS now so the 3rd row seat is way roomier :dunno: Admittedly they aren't much to look at

Maybe the new Grand Cherokee L is worth a look too?

Reactions: amill94
TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
Market adjustment for like a GT series Porsche or a first year Corvette? Sure I get that

For a fucking Kia? Nah, buy the Volvo or Q7.

Can you get a new Tahoe with some nice equipment for similar pricing? They should have a decent bit of equipment on higher trim levels. New Tahoes also have IRS now so the 3rd row seat is way roomier :dunno: Admittedly they aren't much to look at

Maybe the new Grand Cherokee L is worth a look too?
comparable Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban are in the Mid 60s

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448