TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
Curious - what is MSRP on that bad boy?
as built mine would be 50-51 depending on trailer. hitch or not

waiting 8 months to sign up for years of being treated like a subhuman in the kia service department :yikes:
paying market adjustment - stupid
buying at MSRP down the road - stupid
am I rite?

Not salty. It just doesn't compare the other options in the thread title. It reviews well against its segment which is the JGC, Explorer etc, etc. But trying to shoehorn it in as a luxury vehicle when the interior materials, build quality and overall fit and finish are a class lower doesn't make sense. BTW the vehicles mentioned in the thread title all use aluminum subframes and suspension components. Most luxury brands do in their mid tier and top tier vehicles.
comparing the best Telluride as the best in its segment against a "step up" in luxury, and the XC90 and q7 both have much less usable space inside and aren't worth 13kish more than the telluride.

I can’t say I’m happy about this outcome. But J guess congrats?

Also waiting 8 months for a KIA when you can just get a Volvo XC90 off the lot…mannnnn…
if it was for the wife I'd probably get the XC90, but I don't really like it[/QUOTE]

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Just such a strange metric to try and discount the telluride on.

Seems like others agree on the telluride comparing well with other suvs including the xc90 which I didn’t know only came with a 4 banger.

Which 3 row do you drive?
It wasn't the only metric. I addressed others in that post. Yes, people bring up the comparison of both but when they do it's the fully optioned Kia vs the barebones XC90 which is what your article shows, but it's main competition are the vehicles I mentioned in multiple posts previously. I didn't consider the base model XC90 for various reasons such as the interior trim wasn't as nice as the open pore wood on the inscription, no tailored leather dash, lower quality leather seats vs nappa, no option for B&W sound system, and on and on. My wife drives an XC90 Inscription T6. We cross shopped the X5, Q7, RR Sport and liked the XC90 the best. If I were buying today I'd probably get the Q7 if I needed a 3 row since they updated the interior center stack in 2020 and I like the turbo v6. Realistically our replacement for it will likely be the Cayenne. That will be the next purchase once this market gets somewhat back to normal.

Let's be honest, there are cost cutting measures in place to keep vehicles at certain price points. It's not like Kia is putting out a car with the same materials and fit and finish as the luxury brands and somehow do it for $20k+ less. I'm not saying it's bad thing as they are going against the domestic brands with similar materials for that price point. The KIA reviews well and is a solid option to consider like other non luxury brands in it's class such as the Ford Explorer, Jeep GC, whatever the fuck GM makes, etc etc. It's a great vehicle if you are shopping for the best bang for your buck.

Reactions: hondaluva
TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
It wasn't the only metric. I addressed others in that post. Yes, people bring up the comparison of both but when they do it's the fully optioned Kia vs the barebones XC90 which is what your article shows, but it's main competition are the vehicles I mentioned in multiple posts previously. I didn't consider the base model XC90 for various reasons such as the interior trim wasn't as nice as the open pore wood on the inscription, no tailored leather dash, lower quality leather seats vs nappa, no option for B&W sound system, and on and on. My wife drives an XC90 Inscription T6. We cross shopped the X5, Q7, RR Sport and liked the XC90 the best. If I were buying today I'd probably get the Q7 if I needed a 3 row since they updated the interior center stack in 2020. Realistically our replacement for it will likely be the Cayenne. That will be the next purchase once this market gets somewhat back to normal.

Let's be honest, there are cost cutting measures in place to keep vehicles at certain price points. It's not like Kia is putting out a car with the same materials and fit and finish as the luxury brands and somehow do it for $20k+ less. I'm not saying it's bad thing as they are going against the domestic brands with similar materials for that price point. The KIA reviews well and is a solid option to consider like other non luxury brands in it's class such as the Ford Explorer, Jeep GC, whatever the fuck GM makes, etc etc. It's a great vehicle if you are shopping for the best bang for your buck.
also I don't really give a fuck about detailed leather stitching, open pore wood, and so forth. the top end leather on the Kia is plenty nice enough and the interior materials don't feel or look cheap.

also I I hated the XC90 air vents and infotainment system

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
also I don't really give a fuck about detailed leather stitching, open pore wood, and so forth. the top end leather on the Kia is plenty nice enough and the interior materials don't feel or look cheap.

I was more or less addressing his comparison of the full optioned KIA vs the barebones XC90 in his article and why we made the choices we did when buying. I wasn't referring to you.

Reactions: smell my finger

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004

I can’t imagine a 4 banger pulling all that weight well either. At least not for a long time without serious maintaince.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
I can’t imagine a 4 banger pulling all that weight well either. At least not for a long time without serious maintaince.
Both vehicles are within 200lbs of each other and the XC90 has more power and torque with the T6. I had my doubts as well but it is much quicker than our V8 JGC summit we had before it which had an advantage of 50hp and 80lb/ft of tq.

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Both vehicles are within 200lbs of each other and the XC90 has more power and torque with the T6. I had my doubts as well but it is much quicker than our V8 JGC summit we had before it which had an advantage of 50hp and 80lb/ft of tq.
Understood, I’d just rather a less tuned v6 than a highly strung 4 banger for longevity :dunno:

help computer

stop all the downloadin'
Aug 13, 2005
Chattanooga
The supercharged/turbocharged 2L in the Volvo is a surprisingly potent powerplant with the only drawback being the 4cyl noise. Our V90 is quicker than our Boxster, lol.

UvWxOiEh.jpg

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
went to check out and likely buy a Telluride in black today, except it was the wrong black 🤡 after talking on the phone to the dealer about the spec and driving 30 minutes, I then realize it's black copper not black Onix

but I did get to compare an SX side by side with an EX (next trim down) and although the EX was nice and a good value, it's worth the extra 5k to go up to the SX

also saw a white with Nightfall package and it was dope. color choice is now wolf grey and white

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo
TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
1-Volvo
2-Q7
3-Telluride

Our XC90 feels like a damn steel tank and it is super spacious with great interior. Take a look at the Inscription if you want the high quality leather seats. And there have been zero mechanical issues since we took delivery in 2017.

We will likely trade this in when the all electric XC90 comes out in a few years.
the XC90 is nice but (a) I don't like how it looks for my car, would be great for the wife (b) telluride is significantly larger inside real world and we want the space (c) I don't like many of the interior choices Volvo made and (d) I'm more comfortable with Kia than Volvo after 60k miles, and I'm planning on keeping this well past 100k

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
For a few more months. We put a deposit down on an Audi E Tron SUV. Will see how this EV experiment goes and then likely back to Volvo when the XC90 EV has a few years under its belt.
Saw one on yt recently with decals on the rims :rofl:

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
For a few more months. We put a deposit down on an Audi E Tron SUV. Will see how this EV experiment goes and then likely back to Volvo when the XC90 EV has a few years under its belt.
Nice. I think we'll have this for another year or more due to the current state of vehicle production. You getting the E Tron for msrp?

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

Please let me know how that goes. Planning on trading the ID.4 for an eTron and considering doing Euro-delivery in a couple of years. :x:

So far, my first EV experience has been phenomenal, even with a 1st gen vehicle. VAG's done a great job in making the transition to an EV a super simple and comfortable/familiar experience. :bigthumb:

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
Nice. I think we'll have this for another year or more due to the current state of vehicle production. You getting the E Tron for msrp?

MSRP at the most. Hoping Audi throws some incentives out there when it gets delivered in November/December.

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
Please let me know how that goes. Planning on trading the ID.4 for an eTron and considering doing Euro-delivery in a couple of years. :x:

So far, my first EV experience has been phenomenal, even with a 1st gen vehicle. VAG's done a great job in making the transition to an EV a super simple and comfortable/familiar experience. :bigthumb:

Will do! Euro delivery sounds amazing.

I wanted to wait for the Q6 E Tron coming out late next year but trade value on a 4.5 year old XC90 won’t be any higher. And the tax credit was a huge factor.

Reactions: DasVWBabe

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
MSRP at the most. Hoping Audi throws some incentives out there when it gets delivered in November/December.
I can't tell in images but how does it compare in size to the Q5 and Q7? It seems like it's sort of between the two in size?

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I can't tell in images but how does it compare in size to the Q5 and Q7? It seems like it's sort of between the two in size?

Just a hair larger than the Q5. It's a 5 passenger.

But, VW is bringing over the ID.6 and ID.8 which will compete in the 7 passenger segment.

• Love
Reactions: dmac411

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Just a hair larger than the Q5. It's a 5 passenger.

But, VW is bringing over the ID.6 and ID.8 which will compete in the 7 passenger segment.
Damn, was hoping for something larger. We only need 2 rows, but need the cargo space of a 3 row with that row down. The Q5 is way too small for our GSD to be in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448