CAR new car thread to argue about - Telluride v XC90 v Q7 -

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
I drove my car 600 miles home lol

Hell yea! My last car was 400+ miles and this car was 250+ miles from my home address.

I found it was easier to call small city dealerships - easier to deal with and more willing to come off MSRP (before and during this chip shortage).

CopenKagan

Feb 27, 2003
Salt Lake City, Utah
All the soccer moms driving it now as a status symbol
If my wife wanted one and the dealer wanted $10k over sticker, I would tell them to shove it up their asses. It amazes me that everybody isn't doing the same. But then again, it boggles my mind that a Kia is a status symbol.

What strange times we live in. :rofl:

i killed tupac

Mar 19, 2005
this toilet earth
Hell yea! My last car was 400+ miles and this car was 250+ miles from my home address.

I found it was easier to call small city dealerships - easier to deal with and more willing to come off MSRP (before and during this chip shortage).
in my case I was buying a Maserati

there was ONE for sale here-no deals

and about 12 in Sacramento-lots of deals

• Love
Reactions: dmac411

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
updateish ... after calling basically all the Kia dealers within 60ish miles, the best deal I've found on Telluride for the near future is:

White SX, Prestige and Nightfall package, selling for $56,585, arrives on the lot early December.

I can put a $500 deposit down on it, and they'll mark it as "sold" to me for when it hits the lot. It's basically take this one, or wait till Feb/April trying to find a Wolf Grey, maybe.

this place has the second lowest market adjustment ($5,500), and the other 10 places I've talked to are all around 8-15k :rofl:
@Chuck Finley We really need the cringe reaction emoji.

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
july 22 is when i picked it up :bigthumb:

Factory ordered in March....sold my lexus for just a few thousand less than I paid for it after putting tens of thousands of miles on it :bowdown: perfect timing for me
oh nice, yeah I can do factory order and wait 6-8 and pay MSRP or buy this year and pay4-6k adjustment

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
If my wife wanted one and the dealer wanted $10k over sticker, I would tell them to shove it up their asses. It amazes me that everybody isn't doing the same. But then again, it boggles my mind that a Kia is a status symbol.

What strange times we live in. :rofl:
Trucks used to be affordable then they figured out these assholes will do 84 month terms on 50k trucks

This is why we can’t have nice things

hoody

OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2020
3rd row is big and easy to get into with captains

yup. that's what the edgy kia h8erz in this thread aren't comprehending. it's not a status symbol :rofl: it's just one of the few SUV's with a usable 3rd row/tons of usable space that isn't a tahoe/suburban that are like 20k more

Honestly what do fully loaded brand new tahoe's go for right now...80k? 90k??

CopenKagan

Feb 27, 2003
Salt Lake City, Utah
updateish ... after calling basically all the Kia dealers within 60ish miles, the best deal I've found on Telluride for the near future is:

White SX, Prestige and Nightfall package, selling for $56,585, arrives on the lot early December.

I can put a $500 deposit down on it, and they'll mark it as "sold" to me for when it hits the lot. It's basically take this one, or wait till Feb/April trying to find a Wolf Grey, maybe.

this place has the second lowest market adjustment ($5,500), and the other 10 places I've talked to are all around 8-15k :rofl:
I've got $10 that says you put down your deposit, and they want another $5k when you go to take delivery.

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I did a thing. factory ordered @ mspr with a 6-8 month lead time. I get a VIN in about a month or so. no dealer would come down off their market adjustments, and couldn't find anything close to the exact spec I wanted even coming into a lot till december anyway.

they had the exact vehicle I ordered already on their lot (but was pre-sold to a guy about 5 months ago)

SX trim
Wolf Grey
Black interior
Prestige and Nightfall packages
tow package, including self-leveling rear suspension
then the stupid Kia pre-order makes you add at least three "options" on top of that, so I got:
-cargo net, cargo area liner, carpet floor mats (because they're not included on a $50k vehicle 🤡 )

oN5KKM7h.jpeg

fCX3TM4h.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448