CAR new car thread to argue about - Telluride v XC90 v Q7 -

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
doesn't it come with carpet mats included? Usually "all weather" mats are an extra.

Either way, toss that carpet shit out the day you buy it and replace with the 3d mats.
:rofl: nope it's such a low end nickle and dime show at Kia ... carpeted mats are extra, and I had to add three "extras" to put the pre order in. even though I put a deposit down on the top end model with two packages (nightfall and prestige) packages don't count as "extras" in the Kia world, so I chose carpeted floor mats, an all weather trunk mat thing, one something else stupid

• Haha
Reactions: Tupac and amill94

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
:rofl: nope it's such a low end nickle and dime show at Kia ... carpeted mats are extra, and I had to add three "extras" to put the pre order in. even though I put a deposit down on the top end model with two packages (nightfall and prestige) packages don't count as "extras" in the Kia world, so I chose carpeted floor mats, an all weather trunk mat thing, one something else stupid
That's some bullshit.

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada

:greddy2:

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
@amill94 - We traded in the Volvo XC90 for an Audi E Tron. No regrets so far. Ride is much quieter and smoother than the XC90 and not having to fill up at the pump has been fun.

General comment - Whoever said that the Kia Telluride is better looking than a Volvo or Audi - I will respectfully disagree. With all due respect, you are smoking crack.

EA3-FC2-C8-91-A2-4798-A3-FD-AF7011-B29-A6-B.jpg

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
@amill94 - We traded in the Volvo XC90 for an Audi E Tron. No regrets so far. Ride is much quieter and smoother than the XC90 and not having to fill up at the pump has been fun.

General comment - Whoever said that the Kia Telluride is better looking than a Volvo or Audi - I will respectfully disagree. With all due respect, you are smoking crack.

Love it!

IIRC, that was @smell my finger and he also mentioned the VW was boring and the Subaru was bland if not ugly. Or maybe the other way around.

By the way, did you manage to snag a lease deal on the etron through Costco? We considered going etron, but they were gone and we needed a car back in June. Now 6 months in, over 3,500 miles, I love the shit out of our little Baymax. :rofl:

Reactions: dmac411

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004

Are those stickers on the rims?

Telluride looks better, come at me

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ

the etron look pretty good, those wheels are hideous. I think the telluride looks much better than the q7, which is getting long in the tooth. I like the exterior styling of the XC90 well enough, but not as much as the telluride

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
Love it!

IIRC, that was @smell my finger and he also mentioned the VW was boring and the Subaru was bland if not ugly. Or maybe the other way around.

By the way, did you manage to snag a lease deal on the etron through Costco? We considered going etron, but they were gone and we needed a car back in June. Now 6 months in, over 3,500 miles, I love the shit out of our little Baymax. :rofl:

I waffled between purchasing and leasing and ultimately decided to purchase for the tax rebate since we will owe quite a bit for this year. The value of this car will likely drop a lot when Audi releases the higher range E Tron in 2022-23 - but that will give me an excuse to swap it out and get another rebate.

I found out that Texas is doing $2500 cash rebates if you purchase or do a 3-year lease for an EV. I’ll PM you the details.

• Love
Reactions: DasVWBabe
TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
Love it!

yes the atlas is boring af, and the ascent is terrible

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003

Looks nice. I might be tempted to go this route if my POS TRX comes in that I ordered. Then we won't need the cargo capacity of the XC90 and something smaller like this would work. Audi has been killing it with their EV offerings.

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma

Volvo XC90=ETron > X5 > MDX > Telluride > Q7

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
Looks nice. I might be tempted to go this route if my POS TRX comes in that I ordered. Then we won't need the cargo capacity of the XC90 and something smaller like this would work. Audi has been killing it with their EV offerings.

If you can wait maybe 12-18 months, the mid-cycle refresh for the E Tron is coming and range will increase from 220 to 340+ miles.

I thought I would miss the 3rd row / extra cargo space from the XC90, but it’s been an after thought since we switched.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
If you can wait maybe 12-18 months, the mid-cycle refresh for the E Tron is coming and range will increase from 220 to 340+ miles.

I thought I would miss the 3rd row / extra cargo space from the XC90, but it’s been an after thought since we switched.
We are in no rush tbh. Her XC90 has been fine so far. Especially with the state of the car industry we aren't even considering replacing it right now. That refresh range bump seems worth the wait though.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448