CAR new car thread to argue about - Telluride v XC90 v Q7 -

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
We are in no rush tbh. Her XC90 has been fine so far. Especially with the state of the car industry we aren't even considering replacing it right now. That refresh range bump seems worth the wait though.

Oh also I wanted to take advantage of the inflated AF trade value for the XC90. We got $39K for it (paid $60K new after TTL), which is insane considering it was a 5 year old vehicle with 45K miles on it.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I waffled between purchasing and leasing and ultimately decided to purchase for the tax rebate since we will owe quite a bit for this year. The value of this car will likely drop a lot when Audi releases the higher range E Tron in 2022-23 - but that will give me an excuse to swap it out and get another rebate.

I found out that Texas is doing $2500 cash rebates if you purchase or do a 3-year lease for an EV. I’ll PM you the details.
Wait, looking at the pictures, does it not have the panoramic roof? VW/Audi got that part right with the sliding cover. It’s been awesome for Christmas light gawking. We have been tracking mileage and I would love to compare notes. I suspect Etron’s is rated low like the VW. We’re routinely getting what would be about 290 on a full 0-100 charge.

Thanks for the PM! Looking into it, although we leased knowing we would have leverage on an ID.8 when they started building them. May just trade the Outback for one if they can improve the charging network between here and podunk Magnolia. :hs:

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
Wait, looking at the pictures, does it not have the panoramic roof? VW/Audi got that part right with the sliding cover. It’s been awesome for Christmas light gawking. We have been tracking mileage and I would love to compare notes. I suspect Etron’s is rated low like the VW. We’re routinely getting what would be about 290 on a full 0-100 charge.

Thanks for the PM! Looking into it, although we leased knowing we would have leverage on an ID.8 when they started building them. May just trade the Outback for one if they can improve the charging network between here and podunk Magnolia. :hs:

Yes! It has a panoramic sunroof. It’s hard to tell since the sliding cover is solid and there is 20% tint all around.

Mileage so far is probably 200-220 on a full charge. We are taking it to Austin and will likely stop in Salado since there is a L2 charger at a “family friendly” brewery called Barrow Brewing Company.

I think you can still apply for the rebate even if your car is on a 1-3 year lease. It’s just pro-rated if less than 3 years. Doesn’t hurt to fill out and submit and see if you get something.

wabash9000

Dec 27, 2006
Olathe, KS
I'd probably go Mazda Cx9 Signature over any of those, but that's just me. Fully loaded it is 8k less expensive than the base Q7, so a little bit less than the Kia without the Kia concerns about quality.

• Barf
Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Not really if you get over the cheap brand stigma. At least they made their badge look better and not the same one you’d find on a 2001 Kia Rio for a $45k SUV.
1. Dealership experience is still 1980's trash
2. Interior materials are better than they were but at best, they are on par with American "luxury" brands which are not even in the same league as the European brands.

I'm not shitting on Kia as a brand since they've made huge strides in the last 10 years, but let's slow the fuck down with comparing them to real luxury brands.

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
2. Interior materials are better than they were but at best, they are on par with American "luxury" brands which are not even in the same league as the European brands.

I'm not shitting on Kia as a brand since they've made huge strides in the last 10 years, but let's slow the fuck down with comparing them to real luxury brands.
Kia isn’t a luxury brand. Genesis, however …

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas

1. Completely agree, the dealership experience at Kia sucks ass. When I took the ‘20 Kia Rio to the dealer last year, I felt like I was treated like a number, not really updated on anything, here’s the paperwork for whatever it needed, and I’m out the door.

2. Again I agree, the interior materials absolutely feel cheaper than in my ‘19 VW Jetta. Especially any kind of plastic used, in some places they’re the same quality at best. VW uses higher quality cloth in the seats too, it just feels better.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
1. Completely agree, the dealership experience at Kia sucks ass. When I took the ‘20 Kia Rio to the dealer last year, I felt like I was treated like a number, not really updated on anything, here’s the paperwork for whatever it needed, and I’m out the door.

2. Again I agree, the interior materials absolutely feel cheaper than in my ‘19 VW Jetta. Especially any kind of plastic used, in some places they’re the same quality at best. VW uses higher quality cloth in the seats too, it just feels better.

• Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448