CAR new car thread to argue about - Telluride v XC90 v Q7 -

wabash9000

Dec 27, 2006
Olathe, KS
Feel like I may be able to chime in here after having a cx9, Hyundai palisade, audi etron, Volvo s90, and just purchased a kia carnival...

The cx9 is a fucking heaping pile of shit vehicle
Good to know. I seemed fairly nice when I had one as a loaner from the dealership for a day, but I am used to a base model 2011 Mazda 6 with no features.

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I've decided if the Telluride falls through in buying a blue Sienna and he shall be known as Snorlax

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I've decided if the Telluride falls through in buying a blue Sienna and he shall be known as Snorlax
j/k

if the Telluride thing falls through (close to 4 month with no info now) going to buy an xc90, inscription, that looks like this:

if it fits in the garage it will the wife's car, if it doesn't fit (somewhat easily) in the garage, it will be my car

1642887471601.png 1642887455143.png

Last edited:
TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
Been waiting for my ‘22 Toyota Highlander Hybrid for almost 6 months. Still no VIN :wtc:
shit insane. I'd rather have the telluride, but there are nice xc90s in stock locally, so if it goes 5 months with no word on the telluride, gonna pull the plug on the deposit and just buy an xc90

Reactions: conduit

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
j/k

if the Telluride thing falls through (close to 4 month with no info now) going to buy an xc90, inscription, that looks like this:

if it fits in the garage it will the wife's car, if it doesn't fit (somewhat easily) in the garage, it will be my car

View attachment 190542

View attachment 190541
I'd just go this route now. That gray wood must be a new option on the 22 Inscriptions. Do they still offer the other brown shade?

Reactions: conduit
TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I'd just go this route now. That gray wood must be a new option on the 22 Inscriptions. Do they still offer the other brown shade?

there are a few different shade combos, I like a few of them so would depend on what's in stock, etc.

its 52k vs 68k, and for that price difference Im willing to wait another month on the telluride deposit (esp since I like space it offers)

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
there are a few different shade combos, I like a few of them so would depend on what's in stock, etc.

its 52k vs 68k, and for that price difference Im willing to wait another month on the telluride deposit (esp since I like space it offers)
We have the brown inlays with the maroon brown interior. I'd like to see what the Tailored Wool seats look like in person but haven't seen one at a dealer locally when I was in for service. I'm a fan of the minimalistic interior. The seats are fantastic for long drives and the leather on the Inscription seats is leaps and bounds nicer in feel and appearance to the standard seats.

a5kfdfs.jpg

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
We have the brown inlays with the maroon brown interior. I'd like to see what the Tailored Wool seats look like in person but haven't seen one at a dealer locally when I was in for service. I'm a fan of the minimalistic interior. The seats are fantastic for long drives and the leather on the Inscription seats is leaps and bounds nicer in feel and appearance to the standard seats.

a5kfdfs.jpg
more than the leather quality, I want the ventilated seats, I get swamp ass on long drives :mad:

I have zero faith the wool interior would hold up for multiple years

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
more than the leather quality, I want the ventilated seats, I get swamp ass on long drives :mad:

I have zero faith the wool interior would hold up for multiple years
The ventilated seats are really nice. The air flow helps you feel cooler when it's hot and humid outside.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
yah nice thing about the XC90 is that I can add on the polestar "tune" package for a bit more performance
The tune is nice. We've had it on my wife's since a few hundred miles. The throttle mapping is greatly improved. The gas pedal requires you to push it more than you would in most other cars imo to get moving at a decent pace in all modes other than "dynamic" when stock. You can set a custom drive mode with the engine response of dynamic and comfort for the rest if you don't flash it to help with this issue. After the Polestar flash all modes have pedal response like the factory "dynamic mode" and dynamic which is now called "Polestar" is even more aggressive. The biggest benefits are the transmission response is almost perfect. I never really find myself wishing for one gear lower on a downshift after the flash. It's always in the right gear. The extra torque is a nice bonus too.

Reactions: smell my finger
TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
dood called me back today - my order has been picked up and will be at the dealer no later than May 5th :coold: but could be (potentially) in any of the shipments they receive from now till then, so maybe sooner.

that would be about 7 months from my initial order

so no xc90 or waiting for the sequoia trd

preemptive huzzah

Jay

My shit don't stink
Dec 21, 2000
leasing an xc60 currently that I give back in august. owned a BMW and an infiniti prior to leasing.
I :love: volvo. thinking of getting a v60 once the lease is over :noes:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448