CAR new car thread to argue about - Telluride v XC90 v Q7 -

Buzz Killington

𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖈𝖆𝖛𝖎
I’m deleting Reddit today after a long spell of absence from this dogshit site.

But I just saw this and thought you’re going to be the last ever thing I comment on.

So without further ado, here it is.

Congratulations buddy, you are now officially a Volvo driver. The most pedantic morons on the road. On a scale of good to Peugeot, you rank second. A nice safe second. Safe. Just like your boring Volvo, your once kind-of-attractive wife, who has by now started peroxiding her hair in an attempt to look attractive to all those young BMW and Audi drivers out there. Safe, like your automatic wipers and headlights.

Who cares if your head is balding perfectly in the middle. Because you’re safe, because you drive a Volvo. Well done Gerald, you are now, and will forever be a nice safe middle-aged man. I hope you enjoy driving your Volvo to the golf course every fortnight so as to give your wife as much time as she needs to (once again) flirt with Will, the young man who “fixes” your computer every now and again. Better that than not be safe. Right? Anyway Gerald, you better hop in your nice safe Volvo and drive yourself to the store for that sale on cream coloured and beige trousers. Don’t drive too fast though! Don’t not wanna be safe, just drive like it’s a Sunday, because that’s what Volvo drivers do. For you, every day is a Sunday.

Oh, and just ignore that angry man in the van behind you. There’s no reason for any transgressions to be placed at your doorstep, because you drive a Volvo - which means you know what you’re doing in your life.

Enjoy the rest of your boring middle-aged, middle-class, middle-of-the-road, safe little life.

Yours truly and with utter contempt, Jaf.

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I’m deleting Reddit today after a long spell of absence from this dogshit site.

But I just saw this and thought you’re going to be the last ever thing I comment on.

So without further ado, here it is.

Congratulations buddy, you are now officially a Volvo driver. The most pedantic morons on the road. On a scale of good to Peugeot, you rank second. A nice safe second. Safe. Just like your boring Volvo, your once kind-of-attractive wife, who has by now started peroxiding her hair in an attempt to look attractive to all those young BMW and Audi drivers out there. Safe, like your automatic wipers and headlights.

Who cares if your head is balding perfectly in the middle. Because you’re safe, because you drive a Volvo. Well done Gerald, you are now, and will forever be a nice safe middle-aged man. I hope you enjoy driving your Volvo to the golf course every fortnight so as to give your wife as much time as she needs to (once again) flirt with Will, the young man who “fixes” your computer every now and again. Better that than not be safe. Right? Anyway Gerald, you better hop in your nice safe Volvo and drive yourself to the store for that sale on cream coloured and beige trousers. Don’t drive too fast though! Don’t not wanna be safe, just drive like it’s a Sunday, because that’s what Volvo drivers do. For you, every day is a Sunday.

Oh, and just ignore that angry man in the van behind you. There’s no reason for any transgressions to be placed at your doorstep, because you drive a Volvo - which means you know what you’re doing in your life.

Enjoy the rest of your boring middle-aged, middle-class, middle-of-the-road, safe little life.

Yours truly and with utter contempt, Jaf.
After reading that horrible copy paste I do hope this your last post

- Jaf

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Relevant. Mr. Geese has a review on the Telluride coming out soon. :rofl:

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
my car is sitting at the dock in Philly right now, but apparently kia doesn't offer a "dockside pickup" option :mad:

should be a month or less at this point.

also I've see a new color around town a few times, looks way better in person than I would have thought a redish crimson would look. (technically called "sangria" )

1648842734351.png

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
to many people, yes

I ordered mine about 7 months ago through a dealer and am paying MSRP

so it's basically - if you can find one on the lot --> markup ... OR ... order one @ msrp and wait 6-8 months

Well that’s good for you then! Hope it’s everything you wish for and more.

Also can’t wait to see you trading it in for an Audi or Volvo in about 12-24 months.

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Well that’s good for you then! Hope it’s everything you wish for and more.

Also can’t wait to see you trading it in for an Audi or Volvo in about 12-24 months.
I thought he did get a Volvo then I realized Kia. Those are good but over MSRP? That’s a nope. Yet many folks do it. My neighbor paid 4k more for his Kia then we did for our MDX.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I thought he did get a Volvo then I realized Kia. Those are good but over MSRP? That’s a nope. Yet many folks do it. My neighbor paid 4k more for his Kia then we did for our MDX.
I do not understand this at all. They're all over our daughter's school drop off and 3 of the owners were complaining about the car shortage and dealer add on charges at a recent parents get together. Like, just order it. I can't figure out why people still haven't figured out the strategy.

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
I do not understand this at all. They're all over our daughter's school drop off and 3 of the owners were complaining about the car shortage and dealer add on charges at a recent parents get together. Like, just order it. I can't figure out why people still haven't figured out the strategy.
It's called keeping up with the Joneses .... not trailing behind the Joneses by 9 months :rofl:

Reactions: 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Some dealers charge the markup even on orders. We looked out of state for our Acura and it was worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448