CAR new car thread to argue about - Telluride v XC90 v Q7 -

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
You’re telling me you don’t really like it but you’re thinking someone might talk you into it anyway?

are your balls kept in a jar on top of the fridge?
I'm mostly kidding about the feminine thing, but I'm not in love with the styling inside or out, least favorite design of the three

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
If you order, go sign up for a PenFed savings account immediately. After 60 days, you qualify for the penfed incentive on Audis which is usually good for another couple k off, depending on model.
is this if you're leasing/financing, or also if you're buying outright?

Hurnendager

OT Supporter
May 4, 2011
Plano, TX
Had a 2018 Q7 loaded - LOVED it. Quiet, reliable, great tech, 10/10 would drive again (was totaled by an idiot that pulled into me from a dead stop while I was traveling on a country road)

Have a 2020 XC90 Inscription loaded - HATE it. Interior is cheap compared to the Audi. Been in the shop 5x in its first 12 months for electronics failing (park assist, park sensors, steering wheel controls 2x, lane keep, sunroof all failed). Ride is noisy compared to Audi. Fuel usage is laughable. Small tank and the turbo/supercharged 4cyl is weak and thirsty. 3/10 would not buy again

Never been in a Tulluride.

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
Had a 2018 Q7 loaded - LOVED it. Quiet, reliable, great tech, 10/10 would drive again (was totaled by an idiot that pulled into me from a dead stop while I was traveling on a country road)

Have a 2020 XC90 Inscription loaded - HATE it. Interior is cheap compared to the Audi. Been in the shop 5x in its first 12 months for electronics failing (park assist, park sensors, steering wheel controls 2x, lane keep, sunroof all failed). Ride is noisy compared to Audi. Fuel usage is laughable. Small tank and the turbo/supercharged 4cyl is weak and thirsty. 3/10 would not buy again

most people seem to love the xc90, but good info, esp coming from a q7. a little concerned about the long term reliability of the q7, but audi seems better than they used to be.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003

I found the opposite to be true regarding both the XC90 and Q7 interiors, although the B&W system probably swayed me a bit toward the XC90. I agree the motor in the Q7 is better than the Volvo. Do you have air suspension on your XC90? Regarding fuel usage we came from a JGC Summit with the V8 so averaging 20-22mpg overall with the XC90 is a big improvement. Did you have issues with brake vibration and pad deposits? That was the main issue we had which seems to be resolved now. Other than that, it's been reliable.

We shopped in 2018 so I'm not sure if they have updated the Q7 interior since then.

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada
Imagine paying a market adjustment on a Kia :bowrofl:

Great way to be tens of thousands of dollars underwater before you even take delivery :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
i have a 2019 q7 prestige...that 3rd row is useless broseph
yup, I managed to put the second row at a position where I could technically ride around town in either the 2nd or 3rd for a short trip, which is all I'd really need it for.

difference with like the Telluride is that a adult could pretty easily get back there and sit somewhat comfortably, I'm just not sure how important that is

popey

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
other than having a useable 3rd row, the q7 w/ the bigger motor is a great SUV. drives like a car and has enough power.

i would think the telluride would feel a bit underpowered (like a 4runner)

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
other than having a useable 3rd row, the q7 w/ the bigger motor is a great SUV. drives like a car and has enough power.

i would think the telluride would feel a bit underpowered (like a 4runner)

I'd be buying the smaller motor w/ premium plus trim. the 55 Premium Plus is $66.5 before taxes, and would like to stay below that.

popey

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
I'd be buying the smaller motor w/ premium plus trim. the 55 Premium Plus is $66.5 before taxes, and would like to stay below that.
oof yeah...i bought the outgoing 2019 Q7 before the small refresh and turbo change over....i paid $57.5k+TTL for prestige. a different time, pre-chip shortage

Hurnendager

OT Supporter
May 4, 2011
Plano, TX
I found the opposite to be true regarding both the XC90 and Q7 interiors, although the B&W system probably swayed me a bit toward the XC90. I agree the motor in the Q7 is better than the Volvo. Do you have air suspension on your XC90? Regarding fuel usage we came from a JGC Summit with the V8 so averaging 20-22mpg overall with the XC90 is a big improvement. Did you have issues with brake vibration and pad deposits? That was the main issue we had which seems to be resolved now. Other than that, it's been reliable.

We shopped in 2018 so I'm not sure if they have updated the Q7 interior since then.
Yeah we have the air ride - it really doesn't seem to make the ride incredible. I would say its on par comfort wise to the Q7 but the interior in the XC90 has more road noise for sure. I was floored at how quiet the Audi interior was. The fuel economy on the Volvo is the biggest gripe outside of the massive reliability issues we have had. It is a smaller tank than I have on my Aston Martin DB11 and, when full, the range is less than I get in my V12 car. Nuts.

Big Dave

Nov 7, 2004
My wife just got a 21 infiniti qx80 yesterday. Very large and comfortable. She loves it so far. She was driving an x7.

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx

bruh you got a lemon XC90. Initiate a buy back or replacement ASAP.

Our 2017 XC90 Inscription has had ZERO of those issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448