ENT New Kendrick May 13th

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
I usually don't like albums this long. Like use some brevity but when it's this strong sheeeeit

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I guess I gotta give it more time. Not that it's not good, it's just a bit... strange maybe. Idk
in a time where everybody tries to drop singles that burn bright and then go out, kendrick pours his story into each track and even if it’s not the catchiest song you’ve ever heard, it’s quality soul searching music that comes from his core imho

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
in a time where everybody tries to drop singles that burn bright and then go out, kendrick pours his story into each track and even if it’s not the catchiest song you’ve ever heard, it’s quality soul searching music that comes from his core imho
Lmao shut up loser

• Haha
Reactions: FDT

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
Completely essential

Like the best of this dudes music, you are missing out if you give this a surface level spin and disregard it’s quality because it lacks obvious bangers (there are a few of those, though)

This dude makes sort of challenging albums that say so much, and impossible to digest all the layers in even a handful of listens

Sonically eclectic and not as lush as TPAB, but it’s mad dynamic and sort of experimental (TPAB has a more cohesive sound)

Still, this one is lovely, and very sad, and confessional

The guy is a genuine artist, and no one with his level of respect has anywhere near the balls to be this vulnerable in an album release (especially when you consider it’s his first release in half a decade)

FBI-SS

drink more water
OT Supporter
Dec 21, 2004
I guess I gotta give it more time. Not that it's not good, it's just a bit... strange maybe. Idk
It’s like he listened to a lot of Saul Williams and didn’t have anyone from TDE near him for this whole thing.

I mean he did leave TDE

onyourchin

Aug 31, 2007
SF
i just can’t for the life of me understand why anyone likes post malone lmao

i tried too. buddy of mine is super into them and i respect him so i asked for his top two albums his personal favorite and the most easy intro into his catalogue, got finished listening and was just super underwhelmed lol
Action Bronson >>>> post malone

Reactions: djnick

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Completely essential

Like the best of this dudes music, you are missing out if you give this a surface level spin and disregard it’s quality because it lacks obvious bangers (there are a few of those, though)

This dude makes sort of challenging albums that say so much, and impossible to digest all the layers in even a handful of listens

Sonically eclectic and not as lush as TPAB, but it’s mad dynamic and sort of experimental (TPAB has a more cohesive sound)

Still, this one is lovely, and very sad, and confessional

The guy is a genuine artist, and no one with his level of respect has anywhere near the balls to be this vulnerable in an album release (especially when you consider it’s his first release in half a decade)

I love the introspective people like Kendrick. This record largely reminds me of some of my favorite Andre 3k tracks. I feel like these types of albums really get the essence of hip hop. Growth, story telling, overcoming struggle, etc.

If you're rapping to get out of poverty and then get out of poverty, what struggle do you have left to talk about? The struggles of being rich? That's boring. Kendrick and other great artists talk about real, relatable struggles like mental health or social consciousness or breaking habits, etc. Auntie Diaries is a great example of that. Introspection, correction, growth.

morrowasted

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
I'm still only heard the first four tracks but this man seems to reassert his goatness every time he drops

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Mirror is so sonically pleasing.

Loving the production on this.

I still think TPaB is my favorite album, production wise but this could be 2nd.

Reactions: preston

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448