CAR New way to hurt myself

squid

braap
Sep 3, 2007
07 KTM 250 XC-F

First dirt bike that doesn't have slicks :lupie:

GPR stabilizer, Acerbis handguards (ditching those asap), engine case guard, brake guard, green sticker...and yup, e-start :greddy:

ktm.jpg

poostik

May 5, 2001
NJ
First dirt bike that doesn't have slicks :lupie:

I took an MSF class a few months ago and got a Suzuki GS500F for my first bike.

I don't know much about bikes but why would you put slicks on a dirtbike?

Also, I'm interested in getting a not-so powerful dirt bike to mess around with on property we own out in the woods. (We've got some quads up there already). Recommend anything? I really don't even know what size/type engine to look for.

Junkie

re-tarded
OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Santa Clara, CA
I took an MSF class a few months ago and got a Suzuki GS500F for my first bike.

I don't know much about bikes but why would you put slicks on a dirtbike?

Also, I'm interested in getting a not-so powerful dirt bike to mess around with on property we own out in the woods. (We've got some quads up there already). Recommend anything? I really don't even know what size/type engine to look for.
dirtbike + 17s + slicks = supermoto = lots of fun

125 smoker?

bpa00

Jul 4, 2005
Kansas City
I LOVE my '08 ktm 300xcw smoker...

My first dirt bike (about 5 years ago) was an old yz250 2t with a light switch throttle... Damn, I learned the "hard way" on that thing!

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
squid after you break 3 or 4 sets of levers you'll wish you had the handguards back on. They really do pay for themselves rather quickly if you're at all challenging yourself.

07 ktm 525 exc here (the plated one)

If you ever want to do a Silverwood to Big Bear and back dual sport ride (after the snow melts of course) let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan