ENT New year, new music

psykosis

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste
Oct 31, 2001
Listing between sin and salvation
@Sphygmo @psykosis

This album is sick af. I love Boldy. He's my favorite rapper other than JID rn. These white boys can make sample based beats well that's for sure.

A friend described his sound as a depressed 50 Cent, and now I can't not hear it.

In other music news, check out:

Joe Moses-From Nothing 2 Something 4
King Iso-8pm Med Call (if you're in the mood for chopper-style speed rap)
Ransom & Mayor-This Life Made Me
KXNG Crooked & Joell Ortiz-Harbor City Season One
Butcher Brown-Butcher Brown Presents Triple Trey

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
A friend described his sound as a depressed 50 Cent, and now I can't not hear it.

In other music news, check out:

Joe Moses-From Nothing 2 Something 4
King Iso-8pm Med Call (if you're in the mood for chopper-style speed rap)
Ransom & Mayor-This Life Made Me
KXNG Crooked & Joell Ortiz-Harbor City Season One
Butcher Brown-Butcher Brown Presents Triple Trey
Fucking :rofl:

Now thats all I can see/hear.

Reactions: Sphygmo

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
so, this may be a weird question. but where do most of ya'll listen to music?

i'm in the final mastering of my new album. and there are such drastic differences in sources.

example: on computer speakers, phone speakers, and some of the one speaker bluetooth wireless type speakers it sounds pretty even.

but on good headphones, a good car system, and sources like that with better bass response the drums are way louder than bass & guitar.

i'm finding it hard to balance everything, i don't want drums to be invisible on laptop speakers/cheaper pc 2.0's, etc but i also don't want drums to be the loudest thing everywhere else :o

psykosis

Oct 31, 2001

i'm in the final mastering of my new album. and there are such drastic differences in sources.

example: on computer speakers, phone speakers, and some of the one speaker bluetooth wireless type speakers it sounds pretty even.

but on good headphones, a good car system, and sources like that with better bass response the drums are way louder than bass & guitar.

i'm finding it hard to balance everything, i don't want drums to be invisible on laptop speakers/cheaper pc 2.0's, etc but i also don't want drums to be the loudest thing everywhere else :o

I have Klipsch and Cambridge Audio earbuds I use most of the time. I have a set of Focal cans when I want to feel special or I'm listening to something with particular musicality. Almost everything I listen to comes from Youtube Music (rip Google Music, you are missed). I'd use Tidal, but it requires extra shit on android phones that is apparently a resource hog and buggy.

Reactions: MiseryIndex

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

skullcandy earbuds, my pc with better headphones, car, bluetooth speakers, that's about it.

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007

Ive been using this Harmon kardon Bluetooth speaker a lot lately

Has great sound, nice bass

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
  1. WILLOW — <COPINGMECHANISM>
    Featured Songs: "WHY?," "ur a <stranger>"
  2. NNAMDÏ — Please Have a Seat
    Featured Songs: "Armoire," "ANXIOUS EATER," "Careful"
  3. Open Mike Eagle — Component System With the Auto Reverse
    Featured Songs: "79th and Stony Island," "I Retired Then I Changed My Mind," "Peak Lockdown Raps"
  4. TSHA — Capricorn Sun
    Featured Songs: "OnlyL (feat. Nimmo)," "Giving Up (feat. Mafro)," "Running," "Sister," "Anxious Mind (feat. Clementine Douglas)"
  5. Sun Ra Arkestra — Living Sky
    Featured Songs: "Somebody Else's Idea," "Marshall's Groove," "Night of the Living Sky," "Firefly"

Lightning Round:

• Quavo & Takeoff — Only Built for Infinity Links
  • Fatnice — Vanglorious
  • Say She She — Prism
  • Collapsing Stars — Fame

Other notable releases for Oct. 7:

• Alvvays — Blue Rev
  • Bonnie Light Horseman — Rolling Golden Holy
  • Broken Bells — Into the Blue
  • Bush — The Art of Survival
  • Charlie Puth — Charlie
  • Chloe Moriondo — SUCKERPUNCH
  • Counterparts — A Eulogy for Those Still Here
  • Courtney Marie Andrews — Loose Future
  • The Cult — Under the Midnight Sun
  • Danny Dwyer — Losers
  • Daphni — Cherry
  • Darren Hayes — Homosexual
  • Disq — Desperately Imagining Someplace Quiet
  • Dungen — En Är För Mycket Och Tusen Aldrig Nog
  • F***** Up — Oberon
  • Gilla Band — Most Normal
  • Indigo Sparke — Hysteria
  • Johanna Warren — Lessons for Mutants
  • John Zorn — Incerto
  • Keiji Haino & Sumac — Into This Juvenile Apocalypse Our Golden Blood to Pour Let Us Never
  • King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard — Ice, Death, Planets Lungs, Mushrooms and Lava
  • Lamb of God — Omens
  • Lindsey Stirling — Snow Waltz
  • Loraine James — Building Something Beautiful for Me
  • Oh Wonder — 22 Make
  • The Orielles — Tableau
  • Peel Dream Magazine — Pad
  • Reckonize Real — Subterranean Obscura
  • Sofie Birch & Antonina Nowacka — Languoria
  • Sorry — Anywhere But Here
  • St. Lucia — Utopia
  • Tasha Cobbs Leonard — Hymns
  • Tom Waits — Alice and Blood Money (reissues)
  • Wadada Leo Smith, Andrew Cyrille & Qasim Naqvi — Two Centuries
  • WILDES — Other Words Fail Me
  • Will Sheff — Nothing Special
  • The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die — Thank You For Being Here (Live)

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
lol what in the living fuck is this

Earl Sweatshirt SINGING?

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003

and as part of my goal to buy more music that I listen to regularly, I'm grabbing this absolute winner of an album :wiggle:

CFTPA was my jam

KGB ate my bread

nͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤ
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
CFTPA was my jam
I've actually not listened to it, nor a huge variety of his music, but what I have, I love.

On Napster, the genre applied to Nephew in the Wild is 'Holiday Music' which is kinda hilarious to me, but yet, the album's themes and lyrics definitely end up there, and something about listening to this album just makes me think back on falls and winters past, thinking about old friends and people who'd been in some of those memories much like some of the song lyrics do.

I love that album a lot and it's definitely been up there in rotation since I discovered it in 2016~. Only fitting to pick up a copy.

I actually listened to some of his other stuff while I was doing that, and his ' ... And Other Songs I Didn't Write' album seemed pretty good.

A weird aside, I wish I had discovered them sooner. Around 2010 my best friend was really honing his music skills and making recordings, but while I could sing and play a guitar, I didn't feel like I was competent at either to be confident enough to play and have him record me, especially given his ability to sing and play just about any instrument. While I'd not say Advanced Base is a 'bad' singer as I love his voice/aesthetic, I guess back then I didn't listen to a lot of music from artists who ignored their own shortcomings with something like their vocals to make it their own aesthetic and thing. I think had I discovered someone like him sooner and a few other artists I've dug since then, I'd probably been a little more willing to take some chances back then and allow myself to be creative musically. Sadly, I've moved and my best friend is deep into an untreated bipolar disorder, so that opportunity has long passed.

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
Wow this music video is emotional. They shot a lot of that video in one of the worst neighborhoods in Atlanta. The Bluff on the westside near the stadium is where they shot that. The road they are on at 40seconds is a road I used to go down almost every day when I was copping dope from a house in that neighborhood. Crazy. @psykosis @Sphygmo

Reactions: Sphygmo

psykosis

Oct 31, 2001
Wow this music video is emotional. They shot a lot of that video in one of the worst neighborhoods in Atlanta. The Bluff on the westside near the stadium is where they shot that. The road they are on at 40seconds is a road I used to go down almost every day when I was copping dope from a house in that neighborhood. Crazy. @psykosis @Sphygmo

IFL.

Most emotional video I've seen in a bit, more due to the lyrics which are spot fucking on for a good friend of mine who's going through some shit and I'm not sure will find his way out.

• Support
Reactions: Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman