ENT New year, new music

meatball

vorrei ma non posto
Jan 11, 2005
Union County
What's up with all 2nd wave emo being called "Midwest emo" all over the place now. I've never heard that term before and half of the bands aren't from the Midwest. Shit bothers me!

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
What's up with all 2nd wave emo being called "Midwest emo" all over the place now. I've never heard that term before and half of the bands aren't from the Midwest. Shit bothers me!

i've heard midwest emo as a term for years now, what's really funny is that sunny day real estate pioneered that sound and iirc SDRE is a Seattle band

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
i've heard midwest emo as a term for years now, what's really funny is that sunny day real estate pioneered that sound and iirc SDRE is a Seattle band

thats ultimately the problem with attributing a genre sound to a region lol. but idk, promise ring, captn jazz, american football, there were others who were at the pioneering level too.

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Made it thru the album. Meh, would never revisit

This entire 90s rock throwback sound is largely disposable. Bereft of ingenuity of any kind

meatball

vorrei ma non posto
Jan 11, 2005
Union County
bitter over what? circa ending things?

cliffs:

-Blue Sky Noise anny tour that has been scheduled for a year gets suddenly canceled within days of the first date because Anthony "is having mental health struggles"
-Anthony announces a solo tour two days later and promotes his new album with zero support from bandmates (they previously like and promote his solo work)
-Anthony starts spending on all his time on this LS Dunes band after looking for other musicians to play with
-Circa announces hiatus and the rest of Circa stops following Anthony on all social media

we'll never know the whole story obviously but it's pretty obvious there's a lot of bad blood there, and the BSN tour would have made a lot of money for the rest of the band who isn't as scene famous and marketable as Anthony is. Backing out on a tour a year in the making with some BS excuse and running off to start new projects is pretty lame after a decade

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
A few tracks into the album, not bad but also kinda generic and not sure about the singer

Her vocals kinda don't fit the sound imo. A bit grating

lol the singer is vein's singer. it's the vein singer / bass player, the vein drummer, and the vein singer's girlfriend.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
dream unending's 2021 record was one of my favorite metal albums of last year. it was way more straightforward than the new record though, they really amped up on the atmospherics this time around

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman