A&P Newborn Shots C&C plz

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by rambutt, Jan 31, 2009.

1. rambutt

rambutt OT Supporter

New to photography (xti noob). Took some baby pictures for a friend as a favor; Sent them the images and I get an unpleasant email back saying my pictures are bad making their baby "not look good".

They were trying to "help" me incase I want to venture into photography someday. Not really upset with the email because they are like that, but I thought the photos were at least decent. Here were the examples they sent back to me.

C&C plz

*Week old Newborn Pictures-(enviornment) all curtains closed and low lighting-shot at 1600 iso at 2.8* Low light per doctor instructions.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

all babies look like aliens, but in a room curtains closed is hard.

did you blur the first one? the second looks okay but i dont like the half head in the background. the sleeping ones are a bit boring.

3. rambutt

rambutt OT Supporter

I did blur them. Some of the pics came out really noisy so I was going for the 'ether' look to fix them.

4. BabelJoat

BabelJoat New Member

The b&w of the feet is best, but the head in the back is distracting. I would wait around for the baby to make some nicer faces. The first one is unsettling.

5. rambutt

rambutt OT Supporter

I actually sent them like 50 or 60 shots. These pictures bothered them the most. Your c&c sounds like their email, but more informative thnx.

6. BabelJoat

BabelJoat New Member

Strange, most parents appreciate those shots the most since the babies don't stay that small at all. Although most that I see are more tightly cropped and usually have a parent's finger or hand to show just how small the baby is.

But it seems like you were just there at a bad time. If all the curtains were pulled, the baby must have been tired. Even the best baby photographers would have a difficult time getting good pictures. I remember watching an interview with Anne Geddes where she said that the babies ultimately run the photoshoot.

I would try and shoot the baby again, maybe it'll be more cooperative when it's in a better mood. :wiggle:

7. Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute New Member

That is one ugly baby.

8. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

oh fuck :rofl: