GAME newsgroups help

juvental604

I like to pee upside down
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2006
getting tired of torrents. Which server /program should I use or is there a guide anyone knows of ? theres alot of stuff coming for the holidays and I dont want to wait a few days anymore.

Bencorn

Sep 9, 2007
Ames, IA
giganews for my server and newsbin for my program. Mix in the convenience that newzbin.com provides for about 50 cents a week and it is amazingly easy to get shit.

CodeX

giganews + grabit + newzbin.com

Integrates seemlesly into your browser, click an nzb link on newzbin and download starts

spiffitz

Aug 2, 2008
I've been on Easynews since 1999-ish. I haven't used a news reader program in ages, only their web-based "zip manager" with ReGet. Click on the .nzb or .par file then use ReGet to get them individually, since getting them all in one .zip file seems to get a lot of corruption. They also do auto-unrar through the site so you just download the disk image (or movie file if that's what you're after) rather than the 100 separate files.

News readers are useful if you want to read the non-binary posts as the web-based file browser filters them all out. Sometimes people discuss why something doesn't work or request for fixes, whatever, but you can usually get that info on forums.

Back in the early days I remember having to save up the gigs, but now I have 393 gigs remaining that I should use somehow. :dunno:

asdfbunk

A Member
OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2005
can this stuff max out any connection without tweaks? (like torrents require port forwarding)

sony

Jan 12, 2004
Los Angeles
which server should i go to for game releases?

browsing groups individually is kind of a waste of time

just check sites like nzbmatrix.com, newzleech.com, binsearch.com etc and grab the nzbs to load up

People upload the nzbs to these sites individually so they can be slow to update at times. In that case I'll manually update a group and grab the posts.

TS
TS
juvental604

juvental604

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2006
im using my isps news server and so far getting decent speeds of 260kps. Not bad for free I guess.

TS
TS
juvental604

juvental604

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2006
nm getting alot of article not found. I guess thats why people pay for servers.

sony

Jan 12, 2004
Los Angeles
nm getting alot of article not found. I guess thats why people pay for servers.
most isps have shitty retention (30 days or less), capped speeds/connecitons, and/or less group availability (i.e. they block a lot of binary groups)

tw recently removed their newsgroup access completely whch sucks, i think comcast is pretty decent but they have very short retention

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland
i use rapidshare, 4meg/s, plenty of content to be found, like $7 a month and you can get it for free if you put in some effort to get points.

something like 10gigs/day, but you can queue up to like 50gigs at once. it's worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan