SPORTS ***NHL 2021-2022 Season Thread*** - Avalanche are the 21-22 Stanley Cup Champs

May 8, 2001
Colorado
I figured blues would lose tonight but wow what a come back.

Also no matter what happens now it makes me smile that avs fans lost their hats (damn what a sick goal though) and had their hopes crushed a few times in one game, I'll sleep good tonight.
I hope you sleep like doo-doo tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: wizurd

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis

Fuck! I was still going in expecting to lose. When you can make clean exits it's hard to win a game even more so vs the avs. Blues put up a good fight and if kyru could score when the golaie is not in the net who knows what happens (great play by there d man there though) I was hoping for OT and I think the blues where as well they looked gassed. At least they didn't go down quietly.

Interesting to see the avs oilers series. I think the avs will win that one though, but we shall see.

nox

I'm actually ok looking... so chill.
Fuck! I was still going in expecting to lose. When you can make clean exits it's hard to win a game even more so vs the avs. Blues put up a good fight and if kyru could score when the golaie is not in the net who knows what happens (great play by there d man there though) I was hoping for OT and I think the blues where as well they looked gassed. At least they didn't go down quietly.

Interesting to see the avs oilers series. I think the avs will win that one though, but we shall see.
I was fully expecting to lose Wednesday so last night was a bonus imo. Taking it to the final seconds was just icing on the cake.

Still feeling an Avs/Bolts final.

Drifter

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Mar 6, 2000
Canada

I honestly don't care if we win or lose the series. I wouldn’t anticipate beating Colorado anyway.

We beat Calgary, that’s all I cared about. Anything else is just gravy at this point.

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
Really didn't expect the Rangers to pull that off. Now they need to do it again vs the Ling.

i was kinda annoyed how much emotion i went through in the pens series, assuming they'd get killed by the canes. glad they were able to battle through another game 7. the canes just didn't seem like the same team in the postseason. something like 1 for 15 on the PP in the series?

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
i was kinda annoyed how much emotion i went through in the pens series, assuming they'd get killed by the canes. glad they were able to battle through another game 7. the canes just didn't seem like the same team in the postseason. something like 1 for 15 on the PP in the series?
Canes freaked out, pure and simple. They were a disaster last night, and you could see in comparison how Gallant has got a bunch of kids playing unconscious right now. The weight of expectation crushed the Canes.

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
Nobody is giving the Oilers a chance vs. Avs. Part of me wants to see it, because I like to see the Avs lose. They're everyone's darling year after year, and for whatever reason I love seeing them come up short.

Also, if it's Oilers/Lightning in the final, I think that's gonna be the 3x for the Bolts.

Reactions: wizurd

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
Canes freaked out, pure and simple. They were a disaster last night, and you could see in comparison how Gallant has got a bunch of kids playing unconscious right now. The weight of expectation crushed the Canes.

considering the rags have a line of kids under 22 who have been producing, and a 22 & 20 year old defensemen in their top 5, on top of a goalie who had never seen the playoffs before. i'm pretty happy with the season.

its always better and less pressure when no one really expects them to do anything. previous playoff runs we knew lundqvist was on his way out and really wanted to make a push for him to get a cup.

the rangers only have 3 players over 30. krieder at 31, 4th liner reaves & 6th dman braun at 35. no one important aging out. and a veznia/hart nominated 26 year old goalie who locked into a 4 year deal before the season started.

i'm hopeful for the future, even if the lightning stomp us.

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    marsillpost