SPORTS ***NHL 2021-2022 Season Thread*** - Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 2

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
I started playing again a few months ago and the most dangerous play in the lower level beer league is a turnover at the blue. Zero l hockey sense + limited skating skills = massive accidental collisions
Lol I didn't know you played.

I just got new gloves for the first time in ages.

Heebler Elf

ill suck you
OT Supporter
May 5, 2018
Guess my dad is going to one of the knights games. 🤔

Last time I watched hockey I was in jail and knights made it to playoff in 2018

TS
TS
wizurd

wizurd

This is America
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
I'd have to assume McPhee is still involved. He used to be really sharp. They screwed the pooch here.

cASe SenSiTive

Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime
Oct 24, 2001
Dangerously close to Detroit
How do you fuck that one up?
Sounds like blame to go around here. Best I can parse out:

OTT trades him to VGK and may or may not have said he had a limited no-trade clause. Almost certainly didn't give them the list of teams on it.
VGK calls his agent and says they are working on a trade to send him away from Vegas. Agent tells them he has an active clause, but doesn;t give them the list and they don't ask for some reason.
VGK trade him to the Ducks, a team on his no-trade list.
Trade deadline passes and his agent says, "Yo, he can't be sent to ANA. Check the paperwork we filed with OTT."
NHL steps in and voids the trade.
VGK are now almost at the salary cap limit, and can't move Dadonov because trading him post deadline makes him ineligible to play until next season.

TS
TS
wizurd

wizurd

This is America
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
Sounds like blame to go around here. Best I can parse out:

OTT trades him to VGK and may or may not have said he had a limited no-trade clause. Almost certainly didn't give them the list of teams on it.
VGK calls his agent and says they are working on a trade to send him away from Vegas. Agent tells them he has an active clause, but doesn;t give them the list and they don't ask for some reason.
VGK trade him to the Ducks, a team on his no-trade list.
Trade deadline passes and his agent says, "Yo, he can't be sent to ANA. Check the paperwork we filed with OTT."
NHL steps in and voids the trade.
VGK are now almost at the salary cap limit, and can't move Dadonov because trading him post deadline makes him ineligible to play until next season.

Missing quite a bit there

TS
TS
wizurd

wizurd

This is America
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
Bullshit for several reasons:

1. It’s Las Vegas responsibility once they traded for the player which happened MONTHS ago
2. The league is also to blame for not having a centralized contract system. Figure it the fuck out.

Except Ottawa told Vegas they failed to file the NTC on time therefor making it invalid, which the NHL also agreed with.

thekinggovernor

President Joe Biden Vice President Kamala Harris
Aug 11, 2003
CAROFUCKINGLINAS
Except Ottawa told Vegas they failed to file the NTC on time therefor making it invalid, which the NHL also agreed with.
If Vegas did their due diligence - they would have confirmed this with the agent. Which they obviously did not do.

Btw double post = double mad

thekinggovernor

President Joe Biden Vice President Kamala Harris
Aug 11, 2003
CAROFUCKINGLINAS
Literally no team does that. No paperwork = doesn't exist. You are one dumb fuck.
The paperwork existed - there was an email with the list between the agent and the team the day before the list was due.

Please educate yourself before you further embarrass yourself.

cASe SenSiTive

Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime
Oct 24, 2001
Dangerously close to Detroit
The paperwork existed - there was an email with the list between the agent and the team the day before the list was due.

Please educate yourself before you further embarrass yourself.

You might be confusing theings here. The no-trade list was sent to OTT the day before it was due. Sounds like VGK were never made aware of it's existance and/or contents. Or were led to believe it was invalid. :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448