SPORTS ***NHL 2021-2022 Season Thread*** - Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 2

thekinggovernor

President Joe Biden Vice President Kamala Harris
Aug 11, 2003
CAROFUCKINGLINAS
You might be confusing theings here. The no-trade list was sent to OTT the day before it was due. Sounds like VGK were never made aware of it's existance and/or contents. Or were led to believe it was invalid. :dunno:
I’m not confusing anything - when you are acquiring something it is on the BUYER to conduct due diligence. A simple phone call with the agent would have cleared this up.

This was an important issue that it was recently changed in the CBA. Meaning when a player waives their no trade to move to a team, they don’t waive it going forward.

It is also on the league for not having a centralized contract system.

This spells it out even more clearly:

cASe SenSiTive

Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime
Oct 24, 2001
Dangerously close to Detroit
I’m not confusing anything - when you are acquiring something it is on the BUYER to conduct due diligence. A simple phone call with the agent would have cleared this up.

This was an important issue that it was recently changed in the CBA. Meaning when a player waives their no trade to move to a team, they don’t waive it going forward.

It is also on the league for not having a centralized contract system.

This spells it out even more clearly:

We're in agreement here bro. VGK absolutely should have confirmed all this at every step. The NHL are chuckle-fucks for not having all of this cataloged and centralized.
I am curious about what OTT may or may not have omitted about the whole deal.

Reactions: thekinggovernor
TS
TS
wizurd

wizurd

This is America
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
We're in agreement here bro. VGK absolutely should have confirmed all this at every step. The NHL are chuckle-fucks for not having all of this cataloged and centralized.
I am curious about what OTT may or may not have omitted about the whole deal.
So what you’re saying is Ottawa should have confirmed this first…last year.

Reactions: cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime
Oct 24, 2001
Dangerously close to Detroit
So what you’re saying is Ottawa should have confirmed this first…last year.

Unless there is a whole bunch of mishandling here, then yes, OTT should have made Vegas aware of and sent along the no-trade list at the time of the original transaction. VGK should have confirmed the list with agent/player both upon trade and at the time of shopping him to other teams.
A centralized system for the entire process should also exist, and could have avoided all this BS. But the NHL is gonna NHL.

TS
TS
wizurd

wizurd

This is America
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
Scary. I know him and his family personally. Waiting to hear

Said he's stable and going to the hospital for further evaluation. I'd guess concussion or neck...or both. :sad2: Let me know if you hear anything. Wish that kid the best, he's been great.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448