TS
wizurd

wizurd

This is America
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
@wizurd

"Brett's going to be ok. No broken bones, muscles are all tightened up and maybe something with his shoulder but he's walking and is okay"

From his Dad

Great news, thanks. Thought there was a chance of a concussion but guess not. Guess he'll still be resting for a while.

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
Great news, thanks. Thought there was a chance of a concussion but guess not. Guess he'll still be resting for a while.
Yeah, I think there's still testing to be done etc. I'm hoping his shoulder isn't buggered up too bad, but as of the time that message was sent they didn't know anything. I'm sure we'll hear tonight.

Really too bad. He just got off the IR, scores a goal and they break their losing streak and this happens

TS
TS
wizurd

wizurd

This is America
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
Yeah, I think there's still testing to be done etc. I'm hoping his shoulder isn't buggered up too bad, but as of the time that message was sent they didn't know anything. I'm sure we'll hear tonight.

Really too bad. He just got off the IR, scores a goal and they break their losing streak and this happens

Thankfully he's young and should heal up quick. :hs:

This team has been plagued by injuries this year. It's insane. Even Nolan Patrick went down the tunnel early in the game last night.

Mammoth

I should be working.
OT Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Michigan
Red Wings part ways with Al Sobotka after 51 years. The guy who would twirl the octopuses around during the playoffs. :(

Red Wings, longtime Zamboni driver Al Sobotka part ways​

Al Sobotka, the longtime Zamboni driver for the Detroit Red Wings whose career spanned more than five decades in three arenas, has been terminated, a source told MLive.com.

Sobotka, 68, was the building operations manager for Olympia Entertainment whose duties included the day-to-day operations at Little Caesars Arena.

He began working for the team in 1971, when it played at Olympia Stadium and was owned by the Norris family and he was still in high school.

A source said Sobotka has hired an attorney and is contemplating a wrongful termination lawsuit.

Sobotka did not respond to a message seeking comment. The Red Wings had no immediate comment.

Don McLean, Sobotka’s representative, said in an email to MLive that Sobotka is unable to speak about the terms of his departure. He forwarded this statement from Sobotka: “I loved my 51 years with the Detroit Red Wings, and would have been happy to stay 51 more.”

Sobotka gained notoriety during the Red Wings’ playoff runs in the 1990s, when fans rekindled the long-standing tradition of tossing an octopus onto the ice. It was customary for Sobotka to come onto the ice after the national anthem, pick up an octopus and twirl it around over his head, firing up the crowd.

Sobotka also was known for hosting barbeques at Joe Louis Arena for players and arena employees.

The Red Wings created a marketing campaign around a purple octopus in the 1990s, which they named “Al.”

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448