ART "Nikon-killer" coming from Canon in the very near future

tun

Jul 22, 2002
New York City
http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/09/more-new-full-frame-rumors-cr1/

Canon will be launching a new camera later in October. Already in production and described internally as a “Nikon-killer”, it is reportedly a camera with lower megapixels than might be expected for a new release, but with excellent dynamic range and ISO performance.

I'm intrigued but calling it a "Nikon-killer" without even seeing what Nikon is coming out with soon seems rather foolish.

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
Of course they're going to say it's a Nikon killer... I doubt it'll be a "Nikon killer" but I'm sure it'll be a nice piece of engineering...

Wheezer

OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2002
Houston
I hope so! Then everyone will switch back over to Canon and I can pick up a bunch of gear on the cheap!! :x:

Cesium

OT Supporter
Nov 25, 2004
Colorado
God, calling it a "nikon killer" is lame. I really hope that's just the stupid rumor site making that part up.

Either way, I'm excited. Probably can't afford (justify) it, but excited.

jsmonet

egg
Sep 20, 2002
so cali
it better be a fucking 5d3. i'm so fucking tired of canon jerking it's crop dick off all over the faces of elph loving whores that i wish the earthquake would have killed a few more of those canon dickholes to make the rest work harder at improving their god damn 5d line.

fuck.

seriously, if i hear about another 100 p/s's released i'm going to shit into a bowl and use it for lube shortly before possibly ending myself.

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
it better be a fucking 5d3. i'm so fucking tired of canon jerking it's crop dick off all over the faces of elph loving whores that i wish the earthquake would have killed a few more of those canon dickholes to make the rest work harder at improving their god damn 5d line.

fuck.

seriously, if i hear about another 100 p/s's released i'm going to shit into a bowl and use it for lube shortly before possibly ending myself.

:eek3:

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether

fuck.

profits and demand

what are they

jsmonet

egg
Sep 20, 2002
so cali
yeah, i know that for any one pro body user there are thousands, if not tens of thousands of drunk club sluts just dying to take 400 pictures of the ceiling as they drink their nights away and straight dump to facebook, but some fucking full frame love would be nice now and then

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
That said, a lower MP, high ISO, high dynamic range camera would be awesome.

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
I notice you didn't dispute the autofocus jab though :p

I jest! Don't wanna start a fight in two threads now :o
The AF isn't great, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. It needs to be improved greatly for the next gen camera though. I think most of the people that complain about the AF are (usually) fag's that have never used one for more than taking pictures of ducks and test charts or have no clue how to correctly use AF and would rather see 900,000 AF points when they look through the VF than use one good one...

I'd say the AF is on par with the 40D, and before OTAP became all "OMG, my favorite people to sackride on here all switched to Nikon" nobody seemed to have a problem with it. OTAP's so damn fickle I think sometimes people forget they're just fucking cameras, if you're a dipshit your pictures are going to blow no matter what camera you're using.

Cesium

OT Supporter
Nov 25, 2004
Colorado
The AF isn't great, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

People don't know how to use it, so they talk shit. :hs: OMG the outer points are not cross-type! So what? Aim at a subject that has contrast in the direction that point sees. Problem solved.

Bukka

Sep 14, 2009
Calgary, AB
People don't know how to use it, so they talk shit. :hs: OMG the outer points are not cross-type! So what? Aim at a subject that has contrast in the direction that point sees. Problem solved.

Word, I've never really used outer focus points.
Center point, focus then re-compose.

jsmonet

egg
Sep 20, 2002
so cali
Word, I've never really used outer focus points.
Center point, focus then re-compose.

shoot close at 1.2 and 1.4 a bit and you'll change that practice just a bit.

I wouldn't mind lower mp if it is for the sake of better high iso performance.

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
The AF isn't great, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. It needs to be improved greatly for the next gen camera though. I think most of the people that complain about the AF are (usually) fag's that have never used one for more than taking pictures of ducks and test charts or have no clue how to correctly use AF and would rather see 900,000 AF points when they look through the VF than use one good one...

I'd say the AF is on par with the 40D, and before OTAP became all "OMG, my favorite people to sackride on here all switched to Nikon" nobody seemed to have a problem with it. OTAP's so damn fickle I think sometimes people forget they're just fucking cameras, if you're a dipshit your pictures are going to blow no matter what camera you're using.

I agree, and its not like the 5d2 was designed as an action camera anyway. I also dont like the 748020 AF point idea. My a850 only has 9 points. The centre one will lock anything, very quickly, and that works for me. For my type of shooting I'd rather have accuracy and decisiveness.. ie no hunting. And I guess that's who the 5d2 was for.. landscapes, people, weddings etc. Canon already has the 7D and the 1 series for fast stuff. Can't have everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor