GAME Nintendo announces its first new 2D Metroid in 20 years. Metroid (5): Dread. GAME OF THE YEAR nominee!

antiabercrombie

OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2002
DFW, Texas
Played for a bit last night. Those EMMI robots don't play around. I didn't think I was going to like them hunting you through the game, but it I was wrong. Adds to the tension and atmosphere. Samus controls so smoothly, too.

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Played for a bit last night. Those EMMI robots don't play around. I didn't think I was going to like them hunting you through the game, but it I was wrong. Adds to the tension and atmosphere. Samus controls so smoothly, too.

The sections with them are also pretty brief. It's not full-on Outlast or anything

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Yeah, I can't counter the E.M.M.I.s for shit. :rofl: But I'm not great with things like parry-counter timing in games in the first place. :o

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish
It was delivered on Friday. I hid it along with all my other kid's Christmas presents in the garage.

I want to play it, but no time

stupid me applied for a Masters in EE program and I have been doing refresher lessons on Electromagnetic Fields and Waves all weekend -- I have no idea what I am doing and still only on Ch1 :run:

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
Ok, holy shit. It all just clicked with me how they're actually tying together events all the way back to Super Metroid. :eek3:

In Super Metroid, the Mother Brain final boss had that Omega Beam ability, which the baby/giant Metroid transferred to Samus after sucking it out of Mother Brain and saving Samus during the battle. Samus gained Metroid DNA in Metroid Fusion to save her from the X parasite. Well, those things you get the energy from to destroy the E.M.M.I.s look an awful lot like a Mother Brain type creature, right? Presumably they have the same energy, which Samus herself is now able to absorb from them thanks to her Metroid DNA.

Haven't quite finished the game yet, but I'm pretty sure this is what's going on.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
Just finished it. A tad under 15 hours (although some of that time might have been spent sitting on the map screen while I got distracted making food and stuff. Not sure if it counts map-screen time in the total game time or not).

Great game, great Metroid.

I still want to know what the hell is going on with Metroid Prime 4 though. :o

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Man I really hope this and Prime 4 make Metroid more popular than it ever was so we don't have to wait over a decade for new games

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
Just picked up and played for a while. Gotta figure out how to get passed this Emmi. It's great though. So smooth. I'll probably have to play super Metroid immediately after this.

Reactions: GRattu

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
man i’m stuck af. every dead end i go to has those(i’m assuming) speed suit arrows on the blocks “>”

i know i’m missing something i just can’t nail it down lol

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec