TECH No optical out

Kieffer87

Orly
OT Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Where the Green Grass Grows
When I hook up a mini toslink to my MBP it used to work just fine. Then one time when I hooked it up, it changes the sys preferances over to optical out just fine but I don't get any output. After a restart that fixed the problem last time.

This time, doing the same thing, restart is a no go. My receiver doesn't even acknowledge a signal is being sent, and if you unplug it there is no red beam of light like there should be when it is getting a signal. If I unplug it the music plays through the built in speakers just fine.

Any suggestions?

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
if there is no light coming out of it I am actually going to bet it is a hardware problem. If it were a settings problem, light would still come out of it. You can try creating a new user and testing in the other user. That would verify if it was a settings issue or not.

TS
TS
Kieffer87

Kieffer87

Orly
OT Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Where the Green Grass Grows
Made a new account but nothing. Tried a different cable too and still nothing. Guess I will have to contact Apple, I was really hoping there would be some easy fix as I really don't have the time to send this thing in right now.:wtc:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74