SPORTS no racism: but how come only non-white fighters bring new and interesting techniques?

Crusader

I'm talking tonight about Jon Jones with that really cool reverse leap frog over Bader and of course Anderson Silva with his front kick of death. :cool:

I almost fell asleep watching Forrest and Rich fight in what seemed like on "auto pilot" mode :o

:hsd:

[y]TxvpctgU_s8[/y]

phonics

No good sir, I'm on the level.
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2004
wow, black guys with long limbs using different striking techniques...who'da thunk?

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
Yup, no white people with innovative striking....

GSPSupermanpunchlegkickcombo.gif

Ghost of Swayze

Ofcourse you mad
Jul 1, 2005
DAT ASS
Anderson is a freak...im not sure too many non whites can mimic him

I dont think it has much to do with race but more the individual person

Socrates

Feb 25, 2005
Springfield, MO
Phil Davis is going to rape Jones.
Yeah right! I see Jon Jones and Phil Davis being #1 and #2 in the division soon, but if Phil Davis is a better wrestler than Jones, it isn't by much, but Jones's striking is significantly superior to Davis's. The guy took Bader down on his first attempt.

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
Apparently ole Steven segal invented that kick. so much for blacks being creative. He just reached into his roots, and stole from a white man.

Helios

Apr 14, 2006
Nyc <> Amsterdam <> SE MI
It's not a race thing, it's a personality/training-culture issue. A lot of the techniques that anderson or some of the japanese fighters would try, and think no big deal of, would be called flashy or showboating by a decent amount of people in the US. So when you train in that sort of "by-the-book" gameplan heavy atmosphere, you're not going to be training a lot of unconventional techniques. :dunno:

CRaiNK

ЧЕМПИОН
Feb 9, 2001
Vancouver-Moskva
Yeah right! I see Jon Jones and Phil Davis being #1 and #2 in the division soon, but if Phil Davis is a better wrestler than Jones, it isn't by much, but Jones's striking is significantly superior to Davis's. The guy took Bader down on his first attempt.
Jones striking looked like his weakness last night. Wrestling was great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor