Jun 22, 2007
Southern Cali
Noob question, good deal? fees?

edit: new question...see next post for details please

im located in CA

Last edited:

Omega6_Virus

Oct 20, 2002
I don't live in CA, but from other threads I've read here, as long as that gun meets the requirements for CA hand guns(I assume a single stack 1911 does easily), you can purchase it. Once you buy it from Buds, they ship to your local FFL(same process for online purchases no matter what state you live in) and you pick it up from your local FFL dealer. FFL dealer will charge you a small fee.

Omega6_Virus

Oct 20, 2002
oh, and by small fee he means about $100

:rofl::rofl: true. Buddy up with the shop owner(if it's small enough that you speak with him) and tell him you'll buy your ammo and other supplies there. Maybe they'll cut you a discount with a large enough purchase of accessories. :dunno:

Omega6_Virus

Oct 20, 2002
100$? lame....might swing by the glock store instead then

Ask how much and ask around. Dealers pay for their FFL, so they gotta make money from you if you're not buying directly from them, as they are providing you with a service.

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
A chunk of it is turned over to DOJ as the DROS fee. Think it's $25 or so and the FFLs are limited to charging $35 so they make $10 on the DROS plus their transfer fee.

$35 is for PPT's and is just $25 DROS + $10 profit

the $100 transfer is usually ON TOP of DROS fees for internet purchases.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
$35 is for PPT's and is just $25 DROS + $10 profit

the $100 transfer is usually ON TOP of DROS fees for internet purchases.
This.

Also, the only 9mm RIA that you can have in CA is the AP9 or the MAPP1. If you want a 9mm 1911 from Rock island your only bet is to get a .38 super 1911 (which, ahem, we just so happen to have in stock) and then get a barrel from RIA in 9mm.

Sep 1, 2004
Guners
This.

Also, the only 9mm RIA that you can have in CA is the AP9 or the MAPP1. If you want a 9mm 1911 from Rock island your only bet is to get a .38 super 1911 (which, ahem, we just so happen to have in stock) and then get a barrel from RIA in 9mm.

as much as I hate to suggest this, cant you get the Kimber 1911 Team USA match pistol in 1911 in CA?

THT

The easy way is always mined
Mar 16, 2005
The booby hatch
You know how I know your a Kimber fanboi?

By "roster", he means the roster of handguns that CA-DOJ permits to be brought into the state. If it's not on their by name, it's out. Even dumb shit like blued vs. stainless will disallow a pistol. The blued model may be on there but the stainless isn't so even though they're the SAME pistol with that cosmetic difference, one is okay and other is evil.

Sep 1, 2004
Guners
By "roster", he means the roster of handguns that CA-DOJ permits to be brought into the state. If it's not on their by name, it's out. Even dumb shit like blued vs. stainless will disallow a pistol. The blued model may be on there but the stainless isn't so even though they're the SAME pistol with that cosmetic difference, one is okay and other is evil.

I am painfully familiar with the handgun roster.

And it's not about what can be brought into the state, it's about what can be sold new at a dealer.

I could move home to laguna beach next week and bring 2 of everything off the roster and sell them to people in ca legally.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
I am painfully familiar with the handgun roster.

And it's not about what can be brought into the state, it's about what can be sold new at a dealer.

I could move home to laguna beach next week and bring 2 of everything off the roster and sell them to people in ca legally.

Ohhh, and you were doing so good up untill then. It's about anything sold out of dealer stock. It doesn't matter new or used. The only stuff exempt are:
C&R handguns
Single Action Revolvers
Single Shots
Olympic pistols
Consignment guns.

TS
TS
Mint

Mint

Jun 22, 2007
Southern Cali
Bump....new question

glock19uy7.jpg

I got a like new glock 19 with 4-10 round magazines. It looks and shoots like its brand new. Its also very accurate and super reliable. This comes with everything a new glock does and more. I'll even throw in 100 rounds of winchester 9mm + 30 rounds of hollow points.

475$ a good deal for all this?

What can i expect in terms of fees?
I've heard 25$ for my Handgun cert ...what else?

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
$35 bucks for the PPT, it's illegal to charge more for it. Decent price if it's LNIB.

Omega6_Virus

Oct 20, 2002
$35 bucks for the PPT, it's illegal to charge more for it. Decent price if it's LNIB.

Damn California, wtf.

Here in Wisconsin, when I last sold a firearm private party(I was 19, so about 8 years ago), all I was told to do(by a firearms dealer) was to write down the drivers license/ID info(name, address, dob) of purchaser and keep those records for like 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan