GUN Norinco Type 97

Trouser Trout

Should be getting one of these next month, just put the deposit on it :bigthumb:

Can you get these down south?

012.jpg

$849 :eek3:

T0nyGTSt

Dec 29, 2004
they shoulda went with a full length picatinny flat top and taken $50 off the price

T0nyGTSt

Dec 29, 2004
yeah that takes std. AR15 mags

but in canada they are pinned to 5 or 10 rounds (I dunno which exactly - conflicting info)

i like how some canadians are saying it's a cheap unreliable knockoff of a Tavor or some crap

the chinese use the 5.8mm version for most of their troops - i wouldn't think they'd release a substandard version lest the designer gets an AK47 in the back of the head

TS
TS
Trouser Trout

Trouser Trout

Hmm, do these take standard AR mags?

I only ask because my friends Airsoft replica uses standard M16/M4 airsoft mags.

Yes, takes Ar mags. Apparently, the polymer mags don't fit though. :dunno:

yeah that takes std. AR15 mags

but in canada they are pinned to 5 or 10 rounds (I dunno which exactly - conflicting info)

i like how some canadians are saying it's a cheap unreliable knockoff of a Tavor or some crap

the chinese use the 5.8mm version for most of their troops - i wouldn't think they'd release a substandard version lest the designer gets an AK47 in the back of the head

They guys that already have them say they're completely reliable. Only downside is that they leave a hell of a dent in the brass. .223 is cheap though, won't worry about reloading. As far as it being a Tavor knock off...The Type 97 has been around for a while, and it's 1/4 the price of a Tavor up here.

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
I'd rather a tavor or fn2000, but $850ca which is probably about 700ish US I'd buy one. The only chicom bullpups we got were ak based ones. They didnt start exporting the t97's till after chinese stuff got banned here.

phrozenlikwid

Jul 13, 2007
NKY
I'll be honest man, that looks like an abortion of rifle design.

Are you getting it just because it's cool and you want it, or are you getting it to actually shoot it a lot?

TS
TS
Trouser Trout

Trouser Trout

I'll be honest man, that looks like an abortion of rifle design.

Are you getting it just because it's cool and you want it, or are you getting it to actually shoot it a lot?

I know it's ugly as fuck, but it's one of a few .223 semi autos that I can take out to shoot gophers. AR's are restricted to range use only.

And what with all the export permits and procedures in place now, it's almost easier to get parts for chinese guns than it is AR's now :ugh:

Cannondale

The Texas Rattlesnake
Apr 17, 2007
Austin, TX
I know it's ugly as fuck, but it's one of a few .223 semi autos that I can take out to shoot gophers. AR's are restricted to range use only.

And what with all the export permits and procedures in place now, it's almost easier to get parts for chinese guns than it is AR's now :ugh:

Huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor