TECH Not necessarily Mac specific but I figure most of you are design guys too..

Offender

OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2002
Bergen County, NJ
What's the learning curve on InDesign (CS5) ?

I ask because a few people I know are looking for simple brochures / print stuff, and I wouldn't mind having this as an occasional part-time gig.

I'm a little better than average with PS, if that means anything, but I have heard that PS has the higher learning curve out of most of the suite.

ov3n

Aug 20, 2002
Don't think of it as a design program where you build the graphics. But one were you bring in graphics you've created in PS or AI and need to add text to.

It's very easy to learn just by googling the few effects you want to do. Otherwise it's just robust text boxes & formatting options.

jackjohnson

simple as something nobody knows
OT Supporter
Apr 5, 2002
Southern California
ov3n is right.

the learning curve isn't that long. probably about 2 weeks for me. I do recommend picking up a book since learning the formatting options (paragraph styles, etc) would be a LOT easier. There are just a bunch of little tiny things you need to know with working with typography and a book or lynda.com tutorials would help you a lot. once explained the program is very pretty powerful yet simple

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor