GUN NTC is :greddy:

MumblingJoe169

Mar 13, 2002
Baltimore
this place is wack. Its transformation from high intensity conflict to iraq/afghanistan is pretty much complete. I have to say, they've done a pretty good job with the cities/roleplayers/effects. That being said, they still have a long way to go. Half my battalion got to play in the cities, the other half basically stood around open desert interdicting cars and shooting stolen BMPs. Not exactly great training when we are all deploying to a big urban center here in a few months.

Fort Irwin is nice though :coolugh:
i might actually want to get stationed here one day.
BTW, I don't know why im complaining. My company had it rough, I got to hit on and set up dates with half the girls working at the Brigade Toc :o

gtcrispy

Jul 28, 2002
WA
this place is wack. Its transformation from high intensity conflict to iraq/afghanistan is pretty much complete. I have to say, they've done a pretty good job with the cities/roleplayers/effects. That being said, they still have a long way to go. Half my battalion got to play in the cities, the other half basically stood around open desert interdicting cars and shooting stolen BMPs. Not exactly great training when we are all deploying to a big urban center here in a few months.

BTW, I don't know why im complaining. My company had it rough, I got to hit on and set up dates with half the girls working at the Brigade Toc :o

You would want to be stationed there..........srsly? No way in hell.

oh and the cost to fly a unit and ship its gear w/ the actual amt of training time...not worth it by any means.

burton564

Nov 11, 2003
Detroit
You would want to be stationed there..........srsly? No way in hell.

oh and the cost to fly a unit and ship its gear w/ the actual amt of training time...not worth it by any means.
I got a buddy stationed there. He loves it, OPFOR is the easiest job there is because you can't lose. You go attack for a while, then back off and have a bbq while they all sit there and watch you. He says its a blast.

PumpScout

Feb 16, 2008
Central Wisconsin
when did you go to NTC?

Summer of 1996... my scout platoon (Guard, 1/632 Armor) got tapped to be OPFOR augmentees. At first, we were told we'd be working as scouts, then we were told our platoon would be an additional platoon of infantry attached to a Guard unit. We started seeing guys opt out for other schools in lieu of going to NTC. Then, we were told, as we were boarding the busses for the airport, that we were going to be filler for whichever squads in the infantry needed bodies. We were not amused. Did the job, came home, and a lot of us kind of re-evaluated what we were really doing.

'Course, that was before a lot of the changes. The Guard was still kind of a fun thing back then, less "regular Army" than a core of tight-knit guys who had each others' backs on duty and off. That had been the whole reason I'd transferred to that unit.

themacstallion

The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate
Jan 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA

cant be that bad for you if you're on the fucking internet. i think i smell some fresh pogue...

TS
TS
MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169

Mar 13, 2002
Baltimore
:rolleyes:
infantry gets the internet too :greddy:

and don't know how to use it apparently. We are a combined arms battalion. They gave us two remote SIPR access points. One went to one of the infantry companies, which proceeded to have it sit and collect dust since they couldnt figure out how to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan