NWS: boston marathon finish line bombed twice EEEEEEEK itshappening.gif

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
As always, answers will always be ignored. He'll just find some other 'question' to ask.

I'm glad I didn't miss a chromosome which lead me to believe the government is after me. To the point I move out in to the middle of the woods.

AND wait a couple pages then ask the same question again.

Jason

Aug 25, 2002
Boston
Wait... they... they did tell us that?

They told us that over and over and over again, until reddit started accusing people left and right and that became a bigger news story?

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
Wait... they... they did tell us that?

They told us that over and over and over again, until reddit started accusing people left and right and that became a bigger news story?

:roflw: I wasn't aware, but my brother said he'd been hearing about it for years.

Wckd2

Sep 12, 2003
Arizona
Ban implications

PbSjTTl.gif

Jason

Aug 25, 2002
Boston
So they knew or had reasonable suspicion that the carjacker was the suspect?

(I just might be missing these facts from other posts)

Yeah, they chased the carjackers into Watertown, with the two of them allegedly tossing explosives out of the car.

At some point in Watertown, they ditched the SUV they'd jacked and it turned into a foot chase, with exchanges of gun fire and more explosives being tossed at cops. The older brother got shot, caught, and possibly run over by his brother trying to escape. The younger brother gave up the car shortly thereafter for some reason and it was back to a foot chase.

That all took place probably by 1AM, maybe 1:30AM. After that the cops were checking out the area, responding to sightings that may have been him, and around 4AM they said they'd hold off for daylight. At this point they started consolidating in the Arsenal Mall parking lot and figuring out their plan for searching the area methodically.

I don't remember exactly when they actually set up a perimeter of some kind, probably before 2AM though.

bread

OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2002
NoVA
Yeah, they chased the carjackers into Watertown, with the two of them allegedly tossing explosives out of the car.

At some point in Watertown, they ditched the SUV they'd jacked and it turned into a foot chase, with exchanges of gun fire and more explosives being tossed at cops. The older brother got shot, caught, and possibly run over by his brother trying to escape. The younger brother gave up the car shortly thereafter for some reason and it was back to a foot chase.

That all took place probably by 1AM, maybe 1:30AM. After that the cops were checking out the area, responding to sightings that may have been him, and around 4AM they said they'd hold off for daylight. At this point they started consolidating in the Arsenal Mall parking lot and figuring out their plan for searching the area methodically.

I don't remember exactly when they actually set up a perimeter of some kind, probably before 2AM though.

So before the older brother got caught/identified, they were essentially taking a gamble that the carjackers were the identified suspects... correct?

Or were they identified prior to or at the point of the carjacking such that they pretty much knew with confidence to divert all the resources to the suspects involved in the carjacking?

Casba

Jul 6, 2011
crossing the rubicon

So his brother was hiding in a boat for 15hrs?

ITR06

Dec 2, 2004
vancouver bc
Why did the brothers even car jack anyone? What was their aim? If they wanted to run why didnt they do it 3 days earlier.
Now im just guessing
They didn't think they would get picked out of a crowd of thousands of people.
Car jacked because they wanted to get rid of the vehicle with the plates that the cops were looking for.

Jason

Aug 25, 2002
Boston
So before the older brother got caught/identified, they were essentially taking a gamble that the carjackers were the identified suspects... correct?

Or were they identified prior to or at the point of the carjacking such that they pretty much knew with confidence to divert all the resources to the suspects involved in the carjacking?

I'm pretty sure it started as just chasing carjacking suspects. Initially, it didn't even seem like the carjacking & MIT shooting were related, much less Monday's bombing.

They apparently told the owner of the car that they were responsible for the bombing, so I assume BPD were told of this. BPD may have just assumed it was the bombers because they were supposedly throwing explosives from the SUV they stole.

It was some time shortly after they caught the older brother that reports started trickling out that they may be the people responsible for the bombing.

Jason

Aug 25, 2002
Boston
Now im just guessing
They didn't think they would get picked out of a crowd of thousands of people.
Car jacked because they wanted to get rid of the vehicle with the plates that the cops were looking for.

Publicly, FBI/cops weren't looking for the Civic or CRV until midday Friday.

But yeah, the brothers might have assumed (and might have been right) that their cars were already being looked for.

bread

OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2002
NoVA
I'm pretty sure it started as just chasing carjacking suspects. Initially, it didn't even seem like the carjacking & MIT shooting were related, much less Monday's bombing.

They apparently told the owner of the car that they were responsible for the bombing, so I assume BPD were told of this. BPD may have just assumed it was the bombers because they were supposedly throwing explosives from the SUV they stole.

It was some time shortly after they caught the older brother that reports started trickling out that they may be the people responsible for the bombing.

It appeared that they were directing their full efforts to the carjacking/chase/and then Watertown thereafter. Just amazing that they made this decision to use almost full force when there existed a chance that they were going after the wrong people and giving them, the identified suspects, that much more time to flee.

(Though why they didn't flee in the prior three days is still beyond me and a topic of further discussion - I believe they were just cocky enough to think they wouldn't get caught, but again, that's a topic for another discussion).

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec