NWS: boston marathon finish line bombed twice EEEEEEEK itshappening.gif

Pvt. Joker

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2000
Living rent free in your head
I love this idea that the people of the city took a dump on the bill of rights to catch "one 19 year old". They threw away their freedoms by staying inside within one 20 block perimeter to help catch a dude there was legitimate concern was planting bombs around the city?

I think it just opened more peoples' eyes to the fact that the "police" are now the military

richard berg

hello there
OT Supporter
Feb 27, 2004
NYC
still a valid point though. americans were so quick to throw away their freedoms just to catch one 19 year old

What is a valid point? That every cop in the area was used to find a terrorist? That they brought out the heavy gear and tanks to increase their own odds of not getting shot or blown up?

porsch1909

OT Supporter
Nov 18, 2005
Scotland
Once again, nobody was complaining about the show of force when the kid was killing cops, carjacking people, and throwing IEDs all over the place. Now that he's been caught, everyone wants to complain. :rofl:

and had they sent two cops people would be bitching it wasn't enough

I'm not complaining. I don't care. Doesn't mean it doesn't blow my mind.

I think the force they managed to immobilise was pretty epic to be honest.

RedWings

Banned
Jun 28, 2005
the USA thing is fucking retarded and why i've been trolling this shit since day 1. Don't make ME look like an asshole when i leave the country because you're a xenophobic piece of shit.

Pvt. Joker going full potato to the point of threatening to leave the U.S.

Getting closer to making the news.

Pvt. Joker

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2000
One of the most cringe inducing experiences in my life was in Shannon Airport in ireland. US troops were there getting ready to fly home and this little group of americans started cheering and screaming when the soldiers walked by. It was fucking mortifying. Do that shit on US soil if you want, you don't do it in a foreign country ffs

autibahn

Banned
Aug 24, 2006
losangeles
One of the most cringe inducing experiences in my life was in Shannon Airport in ireland. US troops were there getting ready to fly home and this little group of americans started cheering and screaming when the soldiers walked by. It was fucking mortifying. Do that shit on US soil if you want, you don't do it in a foreign country ffs
wat :rofl:

jaspirr

Jul 16, 2008
Delaware

this critique makes absolutely no sense

jaspirr

Jul 16, 2008
Delaware
Being in a foreign airport and cheering for your soldiers as they come back from killing "terrorists" is retarded. Save it for your home soil. If you can't wrap your head around that, you're just as dumb

so you're now saying that the american tourists were specifically cheering for killing terrorists? in Ireland? this story seems to be falling apart.

misfits

AV Ban Bet Loser
Aug 30, 2003
Koreatown

your life is hard.

TANGO SUKKA

Nov 10, 2009
oh man, imagine if the guy with the camera had an ar15 instead. coulda handled that shit right there

moh-boston-1_grande.jpg

BOOM HEADSHOT

richard berg

hello there
OT Supporter
Feb 27, 2004
NYC
Wait, so people down there are angry that BPD did everything in their power to catch guys who were literally blowing people up?

Pretty much. Apparently the BPD should have sent a cop on a Segway to handle all this shit. After all, we were just dealing with a 19 year old kid and they didn't need to bring scary guns and cars to the streets.

flyjetta

FlYJeTtA
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Trying to convince people that you're not one of the nationalistic idiots that make up a large % of this country is hard, yes

While I agree it is a little tacky, having pride in your troops and in your country, I'm sure the people there understood. I doubt they all went home and sipped guinness and fretted over the people cheering on their soldiers. Your pussy is such a gaping wound

flyjetta

FlYJeTtA
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
I travel a lot, no where in the world I have gotten any hostilities. Except in Paris.. where I met some of the nicest people in the world and also some of the worst because I was American (I think that is the reason at least..)

Pvt. Joker

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2000
While I agree it is a little tacky, having pride in your troops and in your country, I'm sure the people there understood. I doubt they all went home and sipped guinness and fretted over the people cheering on their soldiers. Your pussy is such a gaping wound

i've spent a large amount of time in ireland (bro lived there for years and married his wife there). People there don't like americans as much as you'd like to think and displays like that in the airport aren't appreciated. Ireland's love of the US ended when Kennedy died

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec