FIT Oatmeal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mild83

Oct 12, 2008
I saw a poster in my gym that noted that Old-fashioned oatmeal has a GI of 40, then noted that Instant Oatmeal has a GI of 65, or high GI. I looked at the macros, and noticed no difference.

Also, I have recently bean to eat Instant Oatmeal w/ splenda, cinnamon and 1.5 scopps of ON whey after I work out. I work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, so this is my first meal as well as my PWO meal. Any issues w/ eating this after my workout?

Thanks.

TS
TS

mild83

Oct 12, 2008
My deal w/ the oatmeal is I have heard not to have fiber w/ the PWO shake, as it will slow the digestion of the protein. As for not having any protein before the workout, it typically doesn't sit well w/ my stomach and I'm not ripped and thought that it was a more efficient calorie burner to work-out on the empty stomach.

I should note that I'm 6', 250 lbs, about 25% bf.

HorseDick

Oct 1, 2005
FL
Instant oats are ground up / smaller bits which = faster digestion, which is why they have a higher GI rating than normal oats.

TS
TS

mild83

Oct 12, 2008
i meant whey + oatmeal :uh:

i can never get the consistency right when i try to do that... it always comes out too watery

I put the whey, cinnamon, splenda, salt, and water in a cup and use the hand blender. Makes for equal consistency. It is a bit watery, however, I typically microwave for about 3 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana