ENT Obi-Wan Kenobi *OFFICIAL THREAD* …streaming now on Disney+

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
New Star Trek is absolutely dog shit terrible lol. Paramount ran that franchise into the ground.

It's really sad. I was a huge fan. I watched TOS reruns in the 80's, every series from TNG to Enterprise and the movies. The Kelvin timeline killed it. I made it about 3 episodes into Discovery the first time, then through season 2 the on the second attempt. I don't have much interest in season 3 or the newer movies. I don't know who they're making Trek for, but it's not anyone over 25 I guess.

Disguy

Batman > Moon Knight
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2004
LOL wow…upsetting the whites.

There is no reason to be racist. I haven't read the spoilers but allegedly ...

the Kenobi series is going to be very Reva heavy. Angry nerds are mad that their Kenobi show will be not focused on Kenobi.

I'm 3 episodes in and I think its the best D+ show since Wanda, excluding Mando.

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
There is no reason to be racist. I haven't read the spoilers but allegedly ...

the Kenobi series is going to be very Reva heavy. Angry nerds are mad that their Kenobi show will be not focused on Kenobi.

I'm 3 episodes in and I think its the best D+ show since Wanda, excluding Mando.

I don't get the Reva hate but

shouldn't a Kenobi show focus on Kenobi?

Disguy

Batman > Moon Knight
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2004

My sweet summer child. Why would that make any sense?!?

Seriously though, totally agree. I feel that D+ did the same thing with Falcon +WS where we spent so much time with the terrorist leader. I don't remember her name. I honestly don't know if I find Hawkeye to be their worst show or F+WS. I give F+WS a lot of slack in how I rated it as allegedly a lot of the main plot was supposed to deal with a virus and they ripped ALL that out.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Only thing I'm having mixed feelings about from Episode 3 is that it feels like it doesn't fit in with Vader and Kenobi's first meeting in the original Star Wars, where the implication seemed to be that they hadn't seen each other since Vader was still his student. "When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master".

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
Only thing I'm having mixed feelings about from Episode 3 is that it feels like it doesn't fit in with Vader and Kenobi's first meeting in the original Star Wars, where the implication seemed to be that they hadn't seen each other since Vader was still his student. "When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master".

It seems nobody cares about continuity anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: Sean6293

tommylightning

Set the timer to 2:15
Aug 25, 2001
You Betcha State
The turn will be a whiplash and entirely incongruous with how her character has been established so far. Of course then she will turn into super Jedi and kick darth Vader’s ass, and make Obi wan drink green milk out her tits.
Now that’s what I call an epic episode. Top notch!!

Disguy

Batman > Moon Knight
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2004
The turn will be a whiplash and entirely incongruous with how her character has been established so far. Of course then she will turn into super Jedi and kick darth Vader’s ass, and make Obi wan drink green milk out her tits.
lol. I agree with the first part. Pretty sure tits don't exist in D+

Nightfreed

OT Supporter
May 1, 2020

I dont get this.

Revas been on the show like a whole 5 minutes. And she’s the primary antagonist. Vader might be the over arching foe but he’s not top billing.

If anything the shows been more about leia than anything else.

Reactions: Devastator

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
I dont get this.

Revas been on the show like a whole 5 minutes. And she’s the primary antagonist. Vader might be the over arching foe but he’s not top billing.

If anything the shows been more about leia than anything else.

I'm really hoping the show doesn't turn into The Adventures of Ben and Leia.

Devastator

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2009
NYC
Yo.
How the hell can’t any catch a little girl in these chase scenes
Its not that easy actually.
kylerruns.gif

TankRizzo

The People's Moderator
Super Moderator
Jun 1, 2001
I'm really hoping the show doesn't turn into The Adventures of Ben and Leia.

Honestly, the adventures of Ben and Leia is more what the show should have been with Reva/Vader hunting them. That's why I'm not in love with this third episode. Too soon and it seems too forced.

I don't think the writers did any of the work to establish the whole Inquisitor thing well enough or the hierarchy of it. When they first show up, with how lippy Reva is, she certainly didn't seem too far under the grand inquisitor. I think it would have been better if she had been punished for that and made her a little more plotting in her move up the ranks because it never felt like she was below the dude she stabbed. They did it a LITTLE bit better in this episode when they all met, but it still seems like a fucking mess of an organization and being the "Grand inquisitor" isn't even that much of a promotion for her. I think a better aspiration for Reva would to be Vader's Sith apprentice.

Reactions: waldo98 and Twinsen

Jeebus

Sep 27, 2000
KNOCK KNOCK! LOL!
Honestly, the adventures of Ben and Leia is more what the show should have been with Reva/Vader hunting them. That's why I'm not in love with this third episode. Too soon and it seems too forced.

I don't think the writers did any of the work to establish the whole Inquisitor thing well enough or the hierarchy of it. When they first show up, with how lippy Reva is, she certainly didn't seem too far under the grand inquisitor. I think it would have been better if she had been punished for that and made her a little more plotting in her move up the ranks because it never felt like she was below the dude she stabbed. They did it a LITTLE bit better in this episode when they all met, but it still seems like a fucking mess of an organization and being the "Grand inquisitor" isn't even that much of a promotion for her. I think a better aspiration for Reva would to be Vader's Sith apprentice.
It completely destroys the premise of the OG a new hope. Why would Vader let leia live after Obi wan is protecting her?

Reactions: Twinsen

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy Lyle