ENT Obi-Wan Kenobi *OFFICIAL THREAD* …streaming now on Disney+

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
That was nice, but didn't jive with what Vader said to Obi Wan earlier in the series: "I am what you made me." Maybe I missed something but that took me out of the moment a little bit

The "I am what you made me" is in reference to what he's become physically, with Kenobi asking "What have you become?". However he had already become Darth Vader and "killed" Anakin Skywalker before being physically disfigured in his first fight with Obi-Wan.

Reactions: oftenly

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
You know, I was upset about how easily Storm Troopers were taken out by that double agent chick smacking them in the head and stuff...but then I watched some clips from RotJ and saw them getting knocked out by small rocks thrown by teddy bears and realized that it was already well-established canon that Storm Trooper armor is absolutely useless. :mamoru:

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
You know, I was upset about how easily Storm Troopers were taken out by that double agent chick smacking them in the head and stuff...but then I watched some clips from RotJ and saw them getting knocked out by small rocks thrown by teddy bears and realized that it was already well-established canon that Storm Trooper armor is absolutely useless. :mamoru:
1656450065713.png

HUGE

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
tn3PCTK.jpg

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Finally watched the finale last night. The Vader Obi-wan fight partially redeemed the show for me. I also dug that we got to see the origin of the head scar Vader had in ROTJ.

Everything about the Reva character felt wrong and out of place though.
nerd-ackchyually.gif

He originally received the scar from Ahsoka in Clone Wars. hth.

• Haha
Reactions: Sean6293

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Man I tried to get into clone wars like three times

Can't do it
i did the same but i pushed through and am currently on season 4 watching them autistically like the star wars website says skipping around so it’s “in order”

season 1 and 2 barring a few eps are an absolute CHORE but season 3 is awesome and 4 is good so far

Reactions: Jesus

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
i did the same but i pushed through and am currently on season 4 watching them autistically like the star wars website says skipping around so it’s “in order”

season 1 and 2 barring a few eps are an absolute CHORE but season 3 is awesome and 4 is good so far
Nice

Ya I think the animation is a significant hurdle for me. Complete ass. Also the story takes forever to get moving in s1

Reactions: Keksim

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Nice

Ya I think the animation is a significant hurdle for me. Complete ass. Also the story takes forever to get moving in s1
yeah i’ve brown used to the animation and the shadowing and lighting looks much better later seasons so much so that i actually noticed an improvement
but there’s a lot of politics involved which i understand, it’s just those episodes don’t make for entertaining tv

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Nice

The episodes are only like 22 minutes each, it's not as bad as you think to get through it. I think I finished it in like a month. But you HAVE to follow the proper watch-order for it to make sense.

HUGE

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
It's been kind of fascinating as a SW fan observing the fan base. Basically what ever content you first got exposed to first will be looked back at with neon rose-colored glasses. That's why there has been an uptake in prequel love... because that generation that grew up with the prequels are adults now. Same with the Clone Wars.

Pete Venkman

Nov 12, 2004
14 N. Moore St.
It's been kind of fascinating as a SW fan observing the fan base. Basically what ever content you first got exposed to first will be looked back at with neon rose-colored glasses. That's why there has been an uptake in prequel love... because that generation that grew up with the prequels are adults now. Same with the Clone Wars.
jesus fuck we're old.

• Sad
Reactions: Sean6293 and HUGE

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
While the prequels certainly had their issues, the original trilogy was corny as fuck if you look at them with adult eyes. They're basically comics. I still enjoy them though.
While I agree the originals are corny, in the classic serial style they were inspired by, The prequels just feel dead inside. Not sure if it was all the green screen or the horrible casting of Hayden Christiansen or Jar Jar or the atrocious dialogue or all of it combined, but they did and do still suck imho.

I thought Obi-Wan was pretty meh but the last Vader fight scene was fucking epic and redeemed the whole series for me

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
While I agree the originals are corny, in the classic serial style they were inspired by, The prequels just feel dead inside. Not sure if it was all the green screen or the horrible casting of Hayden Christiansen or Jar Jar or the atrocious dialogue or all of it combined, but they did and do still suck imho.

I thought Obi-Wan was pretty meh but the last Vader fight scene was fucking epic and redeemed the whole series for me

But you'd probably feel differently if you first say the prequels at age 8 where most of that either goes over your head or is entertaining. As an adult, I thought the prequels were too complex for kids with all the politics. But I guess there was still enough for kids to be entertained without understanding all that. Episode 3 was easily the best of the 3 and stands with 4/5/6.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds